FIFA 11

Bleeders

Dunno if anyone else uses it, but the Ultimate Team Online on the EA site is excellent. Allows you to do pretty much everything in Ultimate Team aside from playing the games. Potentially a screen-burn saver for me, too. Means I can sort out a few purchases on my lunch hour at work, too. Great stuff.

How do you get it to crash?! (not that I play it, just interested)

No idea but it involves messing with the connection. You get the circle thing come up every time the ball goes out of play. Eventually the game freezes entirely. The dash is still accessible etc. the connection just gets broken. Then they wait for you to quit and they take the win and you get a dnf hit.

So the latest hax for people to use definitely seems to be the 'get the game to crash and then don't quit' one. I've had a fair few do it to me now. One has just done it now and he wasn't even losing, just drawing.

Yeah, it's unfuckingbelievably annoying. I had five or six 'crashes' in the space of a week leaving me with a DNF multiplier of 0.5. Had to stop playing UT for fear of throwing a controller through my tv. Been playing 11v11 instead, mainly great other than the rubbish lobby system EA have persisted with.

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I try to connect to ultimate team on 360, I get the message:

"The EA Servers are currently unavailable. Please try again later."

If I try and connect to ultimate team again, nothing happens and the game hangs. It has been like this for 24 hours. The rest of Fifa workd fine and the online ultimate team web app works fine too. A quick google reveals that it sin't just me.

Anyone any ideas. I would contact EA technical support but their technical support is broken so I can't.

I'm sure there was a guide on here at some point about fixing ea server connection problems.

For anyone else that's having these problems:

I fixed it by going into the terms and conditions and accepting them before going into Ultimate Team. I think it's Xbox Live > Player Hub > Terms and Conditions. Once you've done that you should be OK to play.

How is everybody getting on with UT? My team is finished until any new in form versions of my players come out. I've got a nice stack of coins but I'm finding it difficult to stop myself from buying Jumbo packs when they're up. I reckon I've lost 300k on them at least, and I never get anything good. The best thing I've ever got from them brought me back about 2000 coins. :(

Still, I'm pretty pleased with my team now: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/app#gUTaArLNbabPU

I've done really well from packs this time round. Recently got Schwienstiger.

My club is now up to 1600 players and a winning run of 22 games came to an end earlier. I had won 5 tournaments in a row.

I'm currently doing the 2 teams only cup with a joint Wolfsburg, Dortmund team. Thinking of doing a Bordeaux/Marseille one next and then maybe a Porto/Benfica one.

Would any of you be up for an Ultimate Team tournament? We could do it so that everybody chips in an agreed amount and prizes are dolled out incrementally down to third place. I'm thinking straight knock-out with a third place play-off. Anybody up for that?

I've just started playing Ultimate Team this week and got well into it! My current squad:

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/app#dK53gVhybadi7

4-2-2-2 Frenchies... I have a whole first team and also back-up players for each position too now...

I have noticed though theres a few cups that require specific teams i.e. all bronze etc. What are people doing, making a separate Bronze, Silver and Gold squad? Is that possible?

I basically found it really easy to make my first team really. Chemistry seems to be the key thing. I was able to pick up most of my players for like 300-800 coins roughly. The step up in cost for buying players like Ribery and Benzema etc seems huge though... I'll stick with my squad for now! I've actually been really successful, thrashing most other teams i've faced and when I have lost its always been close!

Booted this up for the first time in a few months and had a few games 1on1 with my brother and you know what? It's not very fun is it? It was a constant battle in midfield of misguided passes and fumbles of the ball with us just swapping possession for large parts.

For some reason I just haven't seen eye to eye with the last two version of FIFA and I'm now contemplating trying the new PES to see if it can provide some much needed fun in the football games department - because FIFA so far isn't ticking the right boxes for me :(

• 4 weeks later...