FIFA 11

Bleeders

Creation Centre!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=254715

I believe, effectively, you can create any team you want to play online. Which is genius; it takes away those who pick "Hull" only for you to see Ronaldo playing for them.

If you can't beat the cheaters, let them do what they want. Classic!

Great, now you'll be playing 11 Ronaldos on every team - all of whom will be 7 feet tall. ;)

Given that EA still doesn't punish quitters effectively, what hope is there for this?

Great, now you'll be playing 11 Ronaldos on every team - all of whom will be 7 feet tall. :rolleyes:

Given that EA still doesn't punish quitters effectively, what hope is there for this?

Perhaps actual team games will be with fixed squads only (and tactics), and quitters will be punished.

It´d be handy to actually make injuries more realistic, e.g. a player is taken down and injuried, you then continue to play with him whilst he is injuried but instead of just lowering his abilities (which is what usually happens) he instead jogs with a slight limp which can get greater through-out the game. This would then make injuries more noticeable, however I don´t really think it´s essential or a must have improvement.

Another thing I´d enjoy would be a section in the game where you can link different skills together then assign them to a simple rotation or flick on the RS. So you´ll have a list of well known football tricks to which you can then choose 2 or 3 to link together (e.g. step over, step over and 360 turn) and assign the move to a flick on the RS.

Additionally I don´t understand why FIFA haven´t added a power bar to the ´X´button. As passing and shooting have a range for power, why can´t tackling. A tap of X being a weak slide doing nothing to the player but tapping the ball away, then a held X being a 2 foot leap into the air destroying everything and anyything that gets in the players way. A perfect way to let out anger/frustration when the opposing team are beating you 4-0 :eyebrows:

• 3 weeks later...

Are they actually sticking with that box art of the fifa logo and a shadowed character :facepalm:

:unsure:

In other news, it looks like they're finally making a decent PC version rather than a half-arsed port of the PS2 ver.

Comes out pretty soonish, 1st Oct. Are they actually sticking with that box art of the fifa logo and a shadowed character :facepalm:

I'd imagine that's placeholder till they decide who to put on the box and have agreement with them.

I'd imagine that's placeholder till they decide who to put on the box and have agreement with them.

I heard its Angelos Epithemiou.

0.jpg

For me, the team editor thing sounds great as long as I can use it for multiple teams. Then, my chums and I can pit our teams against each other when they come round. I don't get why they can't just put this "in game", PES does it just fine.

Hmm, one player who had a dire world cup and one player who just had an operation and will be sidelined for 3 months!

Football superstars Wayne Rooney and Kaka will headline FIFA 11’s arrival on October 1st.

The Manchester United and Real Madrid stars will grace the cover, and team up with other global players for a TV ad that will begin airing in September.

Kaka is the global face of the game, while Rooney is the UK version’s cover star.

Pic:

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/Xbox-360/Sport-Football-Management/FIFA-11/~r349509/?s=fifa+11

Listening to the FIFA 11 Podcast this morning and Online Clubs is to include a Tournament mode similar to 'Road to World Cup'. :D Oh, and they've fixed the post match statistics as well, so hopefully BAP stats won't be borked with the new game.

Rutter also confirmed that there will be no Kinect/Move functionality, no support for 3D TV and no Vuvuzales.

can we bring back the 'dive' button?

Agreed. Which turns into "Intentional foul" when you're defending. There's plenty of times when you want/need to hack someone or give them a click round the heels to stop them. It's yellow card worthy, yet you'll take it. You can't do that in FIFA; instead risk a slide which your player will probably miss/you could get sent off.

Listening to the FIFA 11 Podcast this morning and Online Clubs is to include a Tournament mode similar to 'Road to World Cup'. :D Oh, and they've fixed the post match statistics as well, so hopefully BAP stats won't be borked with the new game.

Rutter also confirmed that there will be no Kinect/Move functionality, no support for 3D TV and no Vuvuzales.

What you mean like Online World Cup mode from WC2010?

I dunno. For authenticity I'd like that. As a man who was aghast at the antics of Suárez during the World Cup, I'd like a game that promotes football as it should be.

I probably come down on the side of the former though, football as it is. If what I hear about the "guest referee" stuff is true, then your third man can always referee the game as he sees fit, clamping down on gamesmanship much more than usual. Configurable refs, too. The last thing I'd want is to come up against someone who knows how to hoodwink the referee.

What you mean like Online World Cup mode from WC2010?

Yep, although the chap did say it's not as long as the Online World Cup Mode (he reckoned the tournament lasts about 4 rounds), but clubs can win trophies etc. He didn't elaborate too much on Online Clubs because of Gamescom happening next week.

Yep, although the chap did say it's not as long as the Online World Cup Mode (he reckoned the tournament lasts about 4 rounds), but clubs can win trophies etc. He didn't elaborate too much on Online Clubs because of Gamescom happening next week.

Sounds like OWC without the group stages which is better than nothing but does take away a lot of the fun. Grinding out draws and getting through on goal difference was fabtastic. It also means that the first game is completely pointless. If you get knocked out you just play that game again where as in WC2010 if you lost your first game you had two more to put that right and if you list the first knock out game you had to go through the group stages again as punishment.

I was thinking something I would REALLY like to see is the name of the player who scored a goal flash up on screen at the following kick off. I know you see it if you watch the celebration cinematic but I tend to skip those and my knowledge of footballers aint the best!

It'll be interesting to see how they do the keepers. It could go either way!

I know this is probably irrelevant, but controlling the goalies in NHL (the ice hockey for any people not familiar with it!) controls were fantastic. I know the nets are smaller etc, but the way the goalie controlled was so logical and fluid. If they use it as some kind of template, i'm sure that the goalies could be implemented quite well.

Playable goalkeepers might blow my mind. Very excited!

This. Like i said. If it's done well, it could be great.

There will probably be an influx of people playing keeper no though because they want to try it out :D