FIFA 11

Bleeders

It's just another ridiculous state of affairs where by they've pimped another feature/back of the box mode and it's actually not worth the entry fee.

Not having the AI be able to shoot still is absolutely rubbish and it means the mode is barely worth playing unless you put the difficultly up.

Really poor, and something that could easily, easily have been addressed in the last year they've had to sort it. If not the last 2 years!

Eh? The AI shoots plenty. I'm playing up front for Bristol City (and a full-team manager game with Atletico) and the opposition rain shots down on my goal and score plenty. Judging by what has been mentioned of the goalkeeping career, I can only presume they've tinkered with the AI for that mode.

I found it does depend which team you play. I'm sure it's something to do with how the team is set up by default. I played in a pre-season match as St Pauli against Charleroi (crap French team) and had my busiest game - they were attacking in droves and I must've made 5-6 saves, conceded one goal, and got man of the match.

It could do, yeah. I played one last night for Bray against Manchester United and was well worked, and enjoyed it despite the 3-0 loss (all goals were my fault).

With a strong AI, being a goalkeeper will be excellent. In the Rllmuk BAP league, they're a must!

the mode is barely worth playing unless you put the difficultly up.

I dont think there's any point in playing as a goalkeeper on anything other than Legendary. Your job doesn't become any harder when the difficulty goes up, and if the difficulty level was only to affect the opposition (which should be the case if you were an outfielder), you wouldn't have anything to do as your teammates happily contain a weak opponent.

Being a goalkeeper shouldn't have a difficulty level, basically.

I find the most annoying element is the refusal of the AI to try and beat a man with pace. A human player will try a lot of right stick nudges to get around a defender when the striker has a pace advantage, but the AI isn't interested in that.

And I'll say again, werent they introducing "Player personalities" (clearly taken from cm/fm), and this was a box feature and had some hype.

Wheres this working, why aren't the AI trying to beat players.

The issue is that despite the apparent personalities, the players are not self aware/the AI controlling them isn't.

By this I mean it has to play more like a human.

For example if I'm playing with Arsenal against a team with a slow defence/left back I'm going to get it to Walcott and try to beat those players. If I had Liverpool, with Kuyt on the right, I'm not going to try that half as much...instead look for one twos and work the ball around.

Because of this it's a massive area where the game falls down.

I'll reiterate, the progress they made to 09 was so fantastic, and 2 years in we've seen nothing like that again. It's the story of back of box features, a couple of minor tweaks, and a data update. Sprinkle in a load of bugs, many going unfixed, and servers being hammered on launch, then it just seems like lazy EA all over again.

Just tried Be a Goalkeeper playing for MK Dons, played two friendlies, lost both, conceeded 4 goals in total (but saved a penalty). In my defence 2 of those goals were poor marking ;) and the amount of times my outfield players failed to get the ball into the opponents "final third" was ridiculous, 1 shot on goal against Bristol City, 2 shots (one went in) against some Spanish team who took 11 shots on our goal 3 of which went in...

Here's a fun (read - incredibly stupid and lazy) bug:

Cups aren't drawn. They're exactly the same, every season, all the time. See for yourself by firing up an FA Cup as Arsenal. You'll get Villa at home in the third round, time and time again.

Also annoying is the fact that they still haven't included the proper MLS format, instead rendering the whole thing as a single league competition. How lazy do you want to be?

i've had the AI beating me occasionally, van der vaart doing a few tricks and such.

It does happen, but only on legendary.

But if you play on legendary the pressure and aggression are so unbalanced that you simply can't play proper football or have any time on the ball.

Try playing on legendary, change the custom tactics of an A.I. good team to 8 pressure and 34 aggression and you will enjoy a vastly improved and realistic game against it. It will really feel like a proper game of football.

That says a lot about the stupidity of Rutter and co though.

So I'm going to play Chelsea in the League Cup Quarter Final every season with Blackburn and Aston Villa in the rounds prior?

Villa, yes (you're Arsenal, I presume?)

Chelsea and Blackburn, no. Results can change but the draw won't.

The same appears to be true of leagues, you'll play the same teams at the same time unless fixtures are moved.

Villa, yes (you're Arsenal, I presume?)

Chelsea and Blackburn, no. Results can change but the draw won't.

The same appears to be true of leagues, you'll play the same teams at the same time unless fixtures are moved.

Yeah I'm Arsena;l, hopefully results will mean I get to play other teams, particularly hoping for some smaller teams to change things up a little bit from time to time.

Here's a fun (read - incredibly stupid and lazy) bug:

Cups aren't drawn. They're exactly the same, every season, all the time. See for yourself by firing up an FA Cup as Arsenal. You'll get Villa at home in the third round, time and time again.

Also annoying is the fact that they still haven't included the proper MLS format, instead rendering the whole thing as a single league competition. How lazy do you want to be?

HEY! STOP THAT!

If it's in the game...

Yeah I'm Arsena;l, hopefully results will mean I get to play other teams, particularly hoping for some smaller teams to change things up a little bit from time to time.

Results will, but that first round will only change if either you or Villa drop down the divisions.

It's even more infuriating in leagues without multiple divisions, as you've got the same teams and the same fixtures, every season.

Gotthis game today - it's still completely unintelligent and automated. You'll play a pass, and the CPU will select a man that it thinks it was aimed Towards, when in reality it was aimed Towards someone completely different.

Infuriating.

Gotthis game today - it's still completely unintelligent and automated. You'll play a pass, and the CPU will select a man that it thinks it was aimed Towards, when in reality it was aimed Towards someone completely different.

Infuriating.

You're not playing with the default passing settings (auto) are you? I've seen a few complaints from people who haven't altered them and, with respect, they're playing a heavily diluted and automated version of the game.

It has its issues but accuracy of passing isn't one of them.

You're not playing with the default passing settings (auto) are you? I've seen a few complaints from people who haven't altered them and, with respect, they're playing a heavily diluted and automated version of the game.

It has its issues but accuracy of passing isn't one of them.

Whats the setup thats regarded as the best settings?

Whats the setup thats regarded as the best settings?

Personally I have semi on passing, shooting and crossing, manual long pass, and I think auto through ball, though I can't remember that one for sure. If you play it on default with everything set to auto it'll feel almost as rigid as PES, which isn't to my liking. Switch to semi at least and you'll soon have far more control over your play.

I've solved the boring AI matches in career mode...

...by playing the PC version, which is really just FIFA 10 with new squads. Not ideal, but the AI plays a much more open game and importantly, I'm enjoying playing it. Just a shame it's the old BAP Seasons mode with no cups, but as the cups are fudged in the console version anyway it's no great loss.

Totally love this game, not perfect mind but it is so good on the pitch. Just started a career on Legendary with Watford and I don't find the pressure a problem at all. I have plenty of space and time on the ball to create chances and games rarely end in stalement. CPU is not great mind but they can attack well but lack any major intelligence, though I did have a 5-5 match with Japan against Croatia.

Hmm... can I have your copy please?

That's nothing like what I get, the CPU is an idiot.

The CPU is worse than idiotic, it does incredibly stupid and frustrating things that just hamper my enjoyment.

I don't want to battle the controls while dogsout is trying to molest my defence. It's annoying when you pass the ball and it hits another player because they refuse to move out of the way or control it themselves. It's just down right moronic when you take a free kick and as the taker runs up to kick it, another team member runs IN FRONT OF THE BALL AND BLOCKS THE SHOT.

the creation centre is good shit, downloaded england '66, liverpool classics, liverpool 05/06, arsenal "invincibles" and real madrid 2002-2005 so far

just played some cunt who took ronaldo out in the 90th minute when i was through 1 on 1 then i hit the bar with beckham free kick for the last kick of the game, he got a red but avoided me equalising :(