rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Moz

Motorstorm Apocalypse

Finished the story yesterday after finding something silly like 20 cards. Really enjoyed it although I was expecting it to be a bit more mental. Saying this I daresay the big events will actually get in the way of racing after prolonged play. Can't wait to get stuck into online tonight!

(Probably the first credit sequence in years that I wished would go a bit slower too!)

I still can't do the first race in the hardcore festival in under 2:48. Anybody else done it yet and have the youtube video to prove it?

Oh, and the leaderboards don't seem to work. The leaderboards showing My Position, Global or Friends either take ages to load after a race or they just don't work at all.

I have, 02:47:01. Can't make a movie of it but feel free to add me as a Friend so you can download my Ghost.

Perhaps I have spazzing hands but the camera control in Photo Mode does my head in <_<

Perhaps I have spazzing hands but the camera control in Photo Mode does my head in <_<

It's not the best... I'd also love to be able to zoom out more and take some really panoramic shots!

That is the daily chores done, time to get my Apocalypse on. Few more Gold medal on Veteran, a lot of cards to collect and hardcore Challenges to complete.

By the way, why is the Vehicle Customization mode not better communicated? I found the option by accident when I was flicking through the Trophies.

I have, 02:47:01. Can't make a movie of it but feel free to add me as a Friend so you can download my Ghost.

I've had you as a friend for a long time ;)

Will download your ghost ASAP.

You can Customise your vehicles in Wreckreation under the "My MotorStorm" menu, and also choose your driver and a player icon for use in lobbies, etc. In vehicle customisation, you can use the Vehicle Packages menu option to save your liveries so you can load them up on other vehicle classes in Customisation - allowing you to easily apply the same livery across multiple vehicles.

Good tip, use the powerful Randomise options to get something you like the look of, then go into the individual elements to tweak them to your liking.

You unlock more customisations like parts and liveries by ranking up in Wreckreation.

Note that you can't use customisations in Festival or some modes where you are doing an exact "replay" of a Festival race.

U1, some great screenshots there! Good stuff! Zoom unfortunately had to be limited because you start being able to see nasty things when you can zoom out too far :) However, if you move the camera as far back as possible, then use the field of view controls (I think it's R1, R2) to make your field of view as wide as possible, you can get a quite far out shot.

Is it true that you can't actually complete the races in the hardcore festival, unless you first unlock some of the faster cars by playing multiplayer? I've been watching some replays from the very first hardcore race and it seems as if the buggy that everyone else races in is way faster than my standard buggy.

When playing singleplayer I haven't unlocked a single new car yet, despite having come first and second in nearly every rookie and pro race I've done. Do you only unlock new cars in multiplayer? :o

Is it true that you can't actually complete the races in the hardcore festival, unless you first unlock some of the faster cars by playing multiplayer? I've been watching some replays from the very first hardcore race and it seems as if the buggy that everyone else races in is way faster than my standard buggy.

When playing singleplayer I haven't unlocked a single new car yet, despite having come first and second in nearly every rookie and pro race I've done. Do you only unlock new cars in multiplayer? :o

There are no 'faster' cars to unlock in multiplayer, there are just a collection of different body shells that look different for each class. But yes these are unlocked in multiplayer by completing vehicle . It is possible to beat the first hardcore by over 15 seconds :blink:

Do Perks work in Time trial and Hardcore?

Nope, they're exclusively for multiplayer.

U1, some great screenshots there! Good stuff! Zoom unfortunately had to be limited because you start being able to see nasty things when you can zoom out too far :) However, if you move the camera as far back as possible, then use the field of view controls (I think it's R1, R2) to make your field of view as wide as possible, you can get a quite far out shot.

Cheers :D

Problem is the photo taking is beginning to impact my racing.. Instead of getting in the zone I'm pausing every time a big event kicks off trying to capture that perfect snap.. Spent god knows how long trying to photo the twister, just couldn't get one quite right.

Also it has to be said although it looks nice in the pics they really don't do the game justice.. The amount of stuff going on in some levels is bloody amazing! (the twister one being a prime example!)

Sterling work guys! :)

Also it has to be said although it looks nice in the pics they really don't do the game justice.. The amount of stuff going on in some levels is bloody amazing!

Absolutely, this looks gorgeous in motion.

Turning other player voice chat volumes to zero in multiplayer options doesn't work.

Quick question for ya. What headset are you using? Or is the voice channel being output through the TV.

Went on earlier and the multiplayer was greyed out again :( Why does this game hate me?

Anyone find the Veteran races easier than the Pro? The last few races in the game seem a little less hectic and lacking in dynamic disasters compared to those midway into the game. Still loved single player mind, which was proven by this being the first Motorstorm campaign I've finished (and in three sittings to boot). When it gets going the game is both stunning plus you can't help being sucked in by the intensity of the action.

Next the multiplayer!

Went on earlier and the multiplayer was greyed out again :( Why does this game hate me?

I have had this problem for a while. I have a solution that works for me, perhaps it is worth ro try :)

Make sure your PS3 is connected to the network before booting the game. Whenever I tried connecting to the network 'in' the game it would not allow my to Join or Create a Match. I could download Ghosts etc but not connect to any Races.

Quick question for ya. What headset are you using? Or is the voice channel being output through the TV.

Not using a headset.

That was just the sound through the TV.

And then I tried plugging in my Playstation Eye as a long shot, to see if that would make a difference. The volume of the other players was still loudly coming through the TV. That was with my Eye mic switched to off in the XMB, if that is relevant.

khFzF.jpg

Mind the gap

L5F9r.jpg

Impressing the ladiez

MoW7C.jpg

Me and my personal army

• Upvote 4

Fancy some MP racing later DrEgo?

Sorry mate, missed this earlier. Been having some problems with my internets, but should be about tomorrow evening. Haven't had nearly as much time as I'd like in multiplayer, so would be well up for some.

If I drop randomly, you can thank Virgin Media.

Just as an aside, you've been well good on here and it's a pleasure to 'know' and feedback to some people involved in making cracking games. Good for you :hat: .

• Upvote 3

This question sounds backwards but...

Why doesn't the game post process in real time?

I mean, this is like GT, you can't see how certain effects work until after the shot.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1