Motorstorm Apocalypse

Moz

Sorry about that the servers were down for 30 minutes for a quick bit of maintenance. Everything is back up and running now.

There is a party system. Either invite a player to instantly form a party of your own, or use the friend list on the right to join someone to become part of their party.

Cheers rushy, loving this mate. How the fuck did you guys get it looking so fucking good with so much going on at a rock solid framerate?. The lighting is some of the best ive ever seen in a console game, love the late evening lighting.

Cheers rushy, loving this mate. How the fuck did you guys get it looking so fucking good with so much going on at a rock solid framerate?. The lighting is some of the best ive ever seen in a console game, love the late evening lighting.

Yup, it's totally not getting enough love for the technical achievement going on. It's flat out insane to think it's pushing everything out at 1080p and maintaining a solid frame rate. Excellent stuff.

Just had a few games online, seems fast and like the matchmaking setup. The betting thing, when you click on someones name and bet them is it that you will finish above them?.

Yep, bet against someone you reckon you can beat. The higher ranked above you they are, the more XP you'll earn if you beat them. Importantly, don't blow your multiplier - sometimes it's better to bet against easier opponents who earn you less XP, because as the multiplier ramps up you'll earn more in the long run.

Yep, bet against someone you reckon you can beat. The higher ranked above you they are, the more XP you'll earn if you beat them. Importantly, don't blow your multiplier - sometimes it's better to bet against easier opponents who earn you less XP, because as the multiplier ramps up you'll earn more in the long run.

Cheers.

The first couple of rookie tracks sell the game short a bit, which will be a shame if they're also the ones demoed in shops.

Although I imagine that dropping people straight into the docks, Dawn, day two on pro might prove a bit disorientating, it's certainly much more impressive.

Really impressed by what Ive seen so far.. It's obvious the earlier tracks are just setting you up for bigger and better things!

Not too keen on the comic book style cutscenes, but the racing seems as good as ever.. Top stuff! :D

Really impressed by what Ive seen so far.. It's obvious the earlier tracks are just setting you up for bigger and better things!

Not too keen on the comic book style cutscenes, but the racing seems as good as ever.. Top stuff! :D

Im starting to like those cutscenes, they look fucking fantastic in hd.

Went to have a little go of this and a 201 mb patch, what the shit! Not a Motorstorm specific rant but this is why I got rid of pc gaming, doesn't help that the ps3 servers are the slowest in the world.

Quit it to have a quick go, not sure the difference between race and festival in quick race but was ok, handling is better than the last few.

I might pop into town and buy this today.

I expect great things. Motorstorm is in my opinion one of the very few PS3 must have classics. The sequel not so much, most memories I have of Pacific Rift are negative ones. But I will not spoil this Apocalypse thread with my Pacific Rift peeves (not yet, might do it later) :)

And tonight if anyone is online be sure to look out for the devs, we all have PSN ID's prefixed with EVO_ - See you online later!

I found myself popping into your game last night. MmmFatsam is my PSN name.

I didn't do much actual racing against you though. I was in battles for 7th, you were going for first place. Apart from the last track before you quit, the batshit spectacular Skyline one. I was first for about 2/3 of the race and then predictably cocked it up right at the end, finishing in about 6th.

It's a wonderfully intense experience online. Far more full on that previous Motorstorms. Very pre openworld Burnout. And I'm really appreciating the excellent responsive handling in the heat of battle. The Buggy has never felt so good to drive, and I love my chopper.

The game doesn't do anything to change my negative opinion of continuous ranking up systems and unlockable perks, but the betting element is a stroke of genius. Surely every game is going to copy that idea now. Although I have found myself getting as much satisfaction from stopping other people making money as I do from beating a rival. I wouldn't mind the game telling me where the buggers who have bet on me to be shit are as the race progresses, in addition to the person I've bet on.

If you have the game and want online company, feel free to add me. PSN: Kanselier

Will do. I'll probably be next online tomorrow afternoon/evening.

If anyone want to add MmmFatsam, then feel free.

The time attack mode looks decent in this too. You seem to be able to race against 6 ghosts at the same time, 3 of which can be downloaded ones.

Better. That cheating AI was my biggest worry but so far there is no sign of it. I crashed a couple of times when I was in 1st place and continued and won the race in 1st place. I have not yet reached a cock block.

The first cutscene after finishing the first tournament has a very roughly implemented mute for a second or two. I guess this was a Japan sensitive string?

If it's the one where a model skyscraper is knocked over, then yes it was ("There goes Tokyo!"). That said, it must have been patched out, as it was still in when I reached that point a couple of weeks ago.

Thought so. It is very noticeable, for a second I thought my PS3 (drive) died.

In other news, I have had some dubious loses. You know the ones where a pebble on the road causes you to crash or a sequence you want to escape but can't because the game will not reset your car when you press the Select button. (hit by other car, you start to do a 360 degrees, hit a slight bump in the road, launches into the air).

edit: and another 360 degrees. and another and this time I will end nose first against a wall. another 360 degrees followed by a crash. another 360 degrees followed by a bump in the road that sets me flying. and another 360. ooh a crash because I hit a pebble. if this continues I will not even bother with the 'hard' scenario.

Add me up for some MP action (PSN ID: Yewone).. Although I may be quiet as I appear to have lost my Bluetooth headset :facepalm:

Played some more of the festival and liking it more and more.. All feels very solid, silky smooth and very arcadey (in a good way).. Personally I hope it still proves as challenging as the previous games.. although I'm guessing that will mainly be reserved for the hardcore series of events.

Getting addicted to taking photos too.. Just need to find an easy(ish) way to post them!

Getting addicted to taking photos too.. Just need to find an easy(ish) way to post them!

I like taking pics too despite having worked on the game so long! Will post some up later. Your best bet for getting them on here is Export to XMB from the photo gallery, then from the XMB use "Copy All" menu option to stick em all on a USB memory stick (or via wireless network if you have that set up). Then you can just upload them to the forum directly in a post, as I've done below, or use FlickR or a similar image uploader (I'm sure someone can recommend another free one), and the Insert Image option.

Click for biiig

post-387-042100500 1301771587_thumb.jpg

I like taking pics too despite having worked on the game so long! Will post some up later. Your best bet for getting them on here is Export to XMB from the photo gallery, then from the XMB use "Copy All" menu option to stick em all on a USB memory stick (or via wireless network if you have that set up). Then you can just upload them to the forum directly in a post, as I've done below, or use FlickR or a similar image uploader (I'm sure someone can recommend another free one), and the Insert Image option.

Click for biiig

post-387-042100500 1301771587_thumb.jpg

Yep that works fine :)

Heres a test (not the best it has to be said):

DOCKLANDS-DockoftheBay.jpg

TERMINUS-CityLimits.jpg