rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Loz Boz

Sketchbook Exchange TU!

Mine came this morn. Nice theme, for sure, and awwwwwesome first sketch, if you can call it a sketch, Jimbo. The package was harder to get into than an airline chicken kiev. Worth it though. Will get cracking today.

Haha, sorry guy. I just kept adding more paper and glue to make sure it was secure. I tried to tie it up with string too but I couldn't get it tight enough. I thought it still felt pretty flimsy by the time I'd finished.

In other news, Penitent's theme is proving to be a real head scratcher. I have an idea but it's pretty abstract and I have no idea how to draw it. But that's half the fun I guess.

I love sketchbook exchange!

man_drawing_big.jpg

Book received here! I have an idea for the theme already. :facepalm:

Still not sure when I'll have chance to send mine, as I'm basically working the exact hours the post office is open until Tuesday and there's no way I'll make it there and back during my lunchbreak. It'll be plain sailing after that though, promise.

Book received here! I have an idea for the theme already. :facepalm:

Still not sure when I'll have chance to send mine, as I'm basically working the exact hours the post office is open until Tuesday and there's no way I'll make it there and back during my lunchbreak. It'll be plain sailing after that though, promise.

If you have one, get your mum to send it. They love post offices and you give them a small package of joy knowing that they can still be useful to you even though you're all grown up.

Don't ask your dad to do it. They hate post offices and would see it as a massive burden of unfathomable proportions, b ut more than likely they'd forget to post it entirely.

Edit: and to Michael J Glocks, I wanted it to be something that would have to make you think. Abstract would be completely fine, It can either be a graphical representation or the emotion behind it. I just want you to be thinking about it, whilst you draw/paint/doodle etc

Hurrah glad it arrived ok. I sent it from work so always expect disaster.

And yeah - it's an ace pad. Papercraft, nice feeling brown paper, dirt cheap too. :D I did worry that the theme might be a little obtuse though, glad the comment wasn't "he,s a bloody fruitcake..."

Moosey's arrived this morning. Have been doodling when time allows :D nice to have a reason to sketch.

Apologies also for not putting anything in my book, but Loz gave it "GO! GO! GO!" with sending them out, so I shit myself and sent it out ASAP lest her rath descend upon me.

I got a moleskine today because I wasn't happy with the other book I was gonna use. This obviously means I won't get to post it 'til Monday, sorry. Will ship it out 1st recorded tho, so you're not waiting around too long.

There's 80 pages in this, so I might have to do a few more doodles before I post it off.

Sorry I didn't start anything in my book, C-Cat :( hopefully it won't be too difficult to kick off :P

'tis no prob :) Was glad to receive it and the theme's nice and open. Have done a couple of doodles already with another kicking around in my mind for a while before I let it out.

Mine went out on Weds rather than Loz's Monday get going message purely because I kept kicking around an idea and adding little bits and pieces to try and make it clear. I was lucky that an idea I'd been working on for a while suddenly had the lightbulb moment of what was missing so it seemed the best thing to start off with otherwise I think I might've had the first page block too...

Believe me, I didn't want to. When I came to do the drawing of my first theme I noticed how awfully limited it was so started again but didn't want to delay the sending of it any longer than I already had.

Sketchbook sent! Sorry 'bout the delay. Wasn't very imaginative with the theme either. It's pretty similar to my first.

In other news I got my original book back from Lost & Found t'other day. It. Is. Stunning. I'll upload the pictures no one has seen when I get 5 mins.

Sketch Exchange is beautiful. <3

Right, mine will be going out tomorrow, meaning I need to get a theme and an opening illustration sorted out tonight.

Not really sure where to go with the theme. I don't want to be too specific or anything, but anything too vague and there seems like little point.

Hmmmm.

What was the theme?

Don't think I ever found out who had mine. ;¬(

Theme was 'creature feature'. You did that Godzilla VS The Elephant Man pic in it. I have to look at it every hour it's that amazing. So thanks very much, man!

Didn't expect to see mine again after it went tits up, so thanks again L&F.

Didn't expect to see mine again after it went tits up, so thanks again L&F.

No sweat man. I'm glad someone got their original book back! It's got some winning stuff in there as well, s you've done okay out of the madness.