IGNORED

Game of 2010 so far?

Capwn

For me it's:

1) Red Dead

2) Monster Hunter Tri

3) Yakuza 3

... I've thoroughly enjoyed Split Second, there just isn't enough to it unfortunately. Surprised by all the Blur nominations last time I popped my head in that thread everyo e had written it off before it was even released!! May have to give it a try.

Can Demon's Souls count since I will be getting the PAL Phantom Edition? I have played the US edition previously and found it to have a strongly slanted learning curve but a refreshing challenge and pretty open ended to boot for a game in its genre.

If so its a two horse race between that, Red Dead and maybe Modern Warfare 2 just under them (I am only giving the latter credit because it is the only game from the past year that has managed to occupy me if I am being honest even if it is only the multiplayer that interests me and taunts me at the same time and even still in spite of me continuing to play other games equally deserving of my time in their own right because of their still hitherto unexplored multiplayer components from the year before alongside it).

I played 10 hours of ME2 and just didn't get it at all. I got the feeling that if you don't care for the story, there's not much there but an overly transparent structure with overly repetitious combat in a world where everything is conveniently the exact height for hiding behind. I appreciate the production values...the graphics, sound and the subsequent atmosphere...but nah, I just couldn't bring myself to care for the plot, whatever the hell that was. And why is that Nokia N-Gage texture on everything?

I think this thread should be renamed the Mass Effect 2 love-in thread <_<

I really have no idea how they'll top it for the final instalment in the trilogy.

They make it a platform game in which Shepherd bounds between miniature planets and areas of strange gravity.

1.RDR

2.ME2

3.SSFIV

Subject to change from the likes of SMG2, Zelda and The Last Guardian (is it looking likely for this year?).

RDR slightly over ME2 just because of the fantastically realised open world. SSFIV will get the most hours and love from me but it's unfair to award it number 1 spot when most of what makes it great was already there in SFIV.

mass effect 2. though probably only for another week till i get my hands on galaxy 2.

as for the other regularly mentioned games. i haven't played red dead, alan wake, god of war 3, street fighter or bayonetta. then i thought bioshock 2 was good, FFXIII okay and heavy rain mediocre.

A man can dream <_<

I'd love nothing more. If Sony announced a late 2010 release I'd say it had won E3 there and then. But given that Team Ico Collection won't be released until early 2011, I think a little after that - and more likely sometime around September 2011 - is much more likely.

with overly repetitious combat

Only if you play it like that. I kept mixing things up, resulting in one of the best combat games of this gen. And the cool thing is that you can pick another class and play an almost different game as a result. ME2 (unlike 1) isn't so much about the plot, it's all about the characters and enriching this already fairly stunning universe they created.