Sign in to follow this  
Valiant

I'm just starting The Sopranos. Just finished the first episode. I had seen the first two seasons back when it was first on but didn't see any of the rest.

Once the LOST complete collection comes out I'll no doubt buy that and watch it all the way through again. Probably accompanied with me moaning at each mystery that goes unanswered.

Not neccesarily an old show, but I've just ordered the first season of Chuck. Watched the odd bit here and there and it looks good. It has Adam Baldwin in it so I guess it must be.

I also must must admit I've never watched 24. That's one for when I have the money and free time to devote to it.

I've just rewatched The Next Generation. God, the first season had some utter crap in it. Mind you, given it was a franchise reboot, I suppose I should let it off. Season 7's 'Sub Rosa' though was inexcusable. And Troi was a much more irritating cow than I remembered.

Next up: Six Feet Under. :omg:

Ive started running through 24 from season 1 as I'm ashamed to admit never made time for it before.

I've just started season 1 again tonight. I'd forgotten how the show hit the ground running. Mandy's exit from the plane in the first episode is all sorts of cool.

Might run through Lost over the summer. I read the wikipedia synopses of all the episodes so I'm not going to be strung along by the hope that they'll explain WHY THE FUCK THERE WAS A FUCKING

POLAR BEAR

, just watching it for interest and the characters etc.

Might run through Lost over the summer. I read the wikipedia synopses of all the episodes so I'm not going to be strung along by the hope that they'll explain WHY THE FUCK THERE WAS A FUCKING

POLAR BEAR

Why are people fixated on the

polar bear

? Have you never heard of

animal experiments

?

One of (the only?) benefits of working night shifts half the time and not much going on means I've been able to bring my laptop into work with me and watch lots of videos to help keep me entertained / awake. So between here and at home as well as keeping up with some new stuff I've been able to run through The Unit, Deadwood, The Wire, Oz (almost finished S3), NCIS (~half way through S6), Battlestar Galactica (~half way through S2)

And now that most of the current stuff is finishing up for the season (or ever) it'll allow me to concentrate on finishing off those and starting on others I've got sat waiting, such as the complete West Wing box set, every season box set of The Shield, Six Feet Under, The Sopranos (watched the first couple of seasons a while back). Oh yeah and I've been downloading Breaking Bad as that has been on too, so I've got that to watch at some point as well. Plus I bought the complete Northern Exposure box set a while back also.

Too much tv to watch!! :blink:

...am watching Next Generation totally out of order...

Watch it properly! Only by watching the horrible beginning will you appreciate the amazing ending.

POLAR BEAR

There was a polar bear because someone brought a polar bear to the island. Spoilers!

I started watching the Next Generation from the start earlier this year. I used to watch them on BBC2 at 6pm, back in the 90's but I missed several episodes.

I'm up to the Season 3 boxset at the moment (first with the high collar uniforms, whoo!).

It is cheesy as fuck at the start. Riker reminds me of David Brent, there's the one with a planet that resembles a Zulu village, the Ferengi are space retards, Wesley is sentenced to death for breaking a greenhouse on a pleasure planet...

But mixed in with the cheese are some real classics that still hold up today, like the one where Starfleet has a court case to decide if Data has rights or not. These are the real noble, humanistic Star Trek episodes - all about man's responsibility and destiny, the kind of science fiction that used to exist before everything became gritty and explosion-packed.

Season 2 had that female doctor, who I'd forgotten about, the one who was basically McCoy in a dress. It also introduced the bar and the Borg.

I'm not enjoying Season 3 as much yet. It's not retro enough to be cute, and it's not modern enough to be cool. They've stopped using sets for the planets and everything is filmed in the California desert by the looks of it, however I'm only on disc 2. There was a great episode by Ron Moore of Battlestar Galactica fame, his first attempt at sci-fi writing I think.

I'll stick with it until the Yesterday's Enterprise episode where Tasha Yarr (fem Starbuck version 1.0!) comes back. <3

POLAR BEAR

Ah, that's one of the easier ones to answer:

One of the locales you can transport the island to is the arctic circle (even the crank that moves the island must be in its region, as it's frozen-over when Linus activates it).

. So obviously they must have

collected some for their menagerie

in that location. Why though, god knows.

I've just started watching Oz again properly (I've only ever seen random episodes before, although a lot of them). I'm up to season 2 now.

I was watching Seinfeld too, but I got to season 3 then my streams stopped working.

Lost - That always gets asked but I thought Dharma just brought

polar bears to the island

as part of the experiments

to turn the donkey wheel, and it could have been any other bear or animal. They just thought polar bears on a tropical island and at the Tunisian exit point would be 'wtf' moments early on.

It's not so implausible compared to all the other stuff that happens throughout the series. That

Hurley Bird

was more inconsequential!

I started and caught up with Breaking Bad a few weeks ago, and started Deadwood recently. Both are awesome.

Me and the g/f have been ploughing through the complete boxset of the X-Files in recent months - a rewatch for me but entirely new to her. She bloody loves it!

We're midway through Series 5 at the mo, when all that funky alien rebels vs alien colonizers war is going down. Still holds up really well today I reckon and no way does it look over 10 years old. Only two more series' until Reyes is on the scene. :eyebrows:

Finally got round to watching The Prisoner. Mcgoohan is AWESOME - a moody, angry bastard. Four episodes in and I'm not quite feeling it but Pat keeps you going.

I'm also likely to wind up watching quite a lot of Miami Vice for work. The pilot is a bit creaky but reading about the series it sounds like a treat - cynical and lean-as-f**k.

POLAR BEAR

That was explained at the start of series three.

Hey there.

I rewatch The West Wing every year. I love it. I slowly fall in love with all the characters again and by the time it's over I start to miss them...

Don't think I've ever done that with any other tv show.

Despin out.