Need a new series to watch...

If you haven't seen Breaking Bad you need to fix that ASAP.

I've recently got into Breaking Bad. I'm currently powering my way through the second season.

It's brilliant, seriously impressive TV that can do drama, suspense, comedy, feel good and feel bad all in one episode.

Some recent stuff that I have been watching:

24 - Currently working my way through Season 8 in glorious HD

Dead Wood - Done with season 1. Enjoyed it but don't think I'll watch the second season.

Lost - Snape kills Dumbledore

The Pacific - Not too shabby but not too great either. Currently at episode 6 I believe.

Beast Machines - The follow up on Beast Wars (which was absolutely great). At episode 10 myself but I'm not really feeling this. All it seems to be is following a bunch of characters running away from a bunch of other characters while not being able to transform but when they do they look gash as fuck. Gash.

As others have mentioned. Breaking Bad is one of the best things on TV besides Lost. Though, after watching season 1 I'm saving up the rest of the show until at least season 3 so I can watch it all in one go.

The Sopranos is also worth seeing and uhm lets see what else... oh House! House is hilarious. Worth giving a look. Oh and of course Dexter as well! At least the first two seasons anyway and the same goes for Heroes. Prison Break's first season was mental (in a good way) and so was its second but from there on it quickly deteriorates into pure drivel. Another show which might be pretty good (I'm saying might because I've only seen the first season which was so-so) is Fringe but I hear, or rather, read on the forums that its enjoyable and becomes quite interesting later on.

...Oh yeah if you're into Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is worth checking out. Incredible scope, great animation, hot girls, super mechas and everything else.

EDIT: Just read "Sci-fi or comedy preferably.." :facepalm:

Uh nothing to see here people.

...but if you're into sci-fi why not check out Fringe?

I didn't want to list what ive seen because this is a good general topic for everyone: however, i do watch fringe, lost, SGU, supernatural, 30 rock...

I'm currently looking at getting breaking bad and community now...

More suggestions are very welcome.

As good as the usual recommendations are I will suggest the following sci-fi series (and one TV movie): Serial Experiments Lain, The Lathe of Heaven, Karaoke/Cold Lazarus.

They aren't long running series but they are something a little different.

Werner Fassbinder's little seen World on a Wire has recently received a DVD release too. Personally I think it has aged quite badly but it might be of interest.

As good as the usual recommendations are I will suggest the following sci-fi series: Serial Experiments Lain, The Lathe of Heaven, Karaoke/Cold Lazarus.

They aren't long running series but they are something a little different.

Werner Fassbinder's little seen World on a Wire has recently received a DVD release too. Personally I think it has aged quite badly but it might be of interest.

Christ, I'd forgotten all about these two. I've not seen them since their initial run, however many years ago that is now.

Enjoyed them both at the time, gonna see if I can find them both. Thanks for mentioning!

Entourage - just finished season 5, can't wait to get stuck in to 6. Funny as fuck, Jeremy Piven especially :(

Firefly - awesome stuff, watch it.

The Big Bang Theory - some people don't seem to like it, but for me it's mostly great.