rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Valiant

The Lifeforce poster is pure amaze. Speaking of which, why isn't it ever on telly? They'll show any old shit at least a half dozen times a year but I don't recall seeing that on for over 15 years...

I watched it on TV the other day. HBO FTW. :(

EDIT: This was one of my favorite movies as a kid:

battlebeyondstarsos.jpg

Trying to steer away from all the well worn famous ones. For instance I just picked up a buddy cop movie with Lou Diamond Phillips and Keifer Sutherland that I had never heard of.

More obscure flicks the better please.

Is that Renegades or something similar? Its well ace.

Great movie, Dr lha!

Much underrated IMHO (a 5.0 on IMDB). James Cameron did art direction and special effects on it. Sadly its memory is trampled upon by the later shitty movie ("Space Raiders") that Corman produced that reused the effects shots and music from BBTS.

I watched it on TV the other day. HBO FTW. :)

EDIT: This was one of my favorite movies as a kid:

battlebeyondstarsos.jpg

Because of the shape of the ship, I still, to this day, put the silver bits on bulldog clips up to replicate Battle Beyond The Stars - they look just like it :(

My daughter is 10 and I've recorded the Back To The Future trilogy for her and she's watched them and though they were brilliant - apart from III which she thought was pretty boring. She's seen Teen Wolf recently and Mannequin and she's got The Goonies to watch too - Lost Boys was a little too gory for her (I'd forgotten it was fairly adult) so that got turned off after about twenty minutes. There's something magical about 80s films. I think films today rely upon fancy camera work and CGI - there was so much originality during the 80s.

My own personal favourite 80s movie is Robocop... I also loved this

tumblr_kw3n30xMtI1qzfv2co1_500.jpg

Starring John Terry who was recently in Lost.

Creepshow

[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oFRi2D7Ph8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oFRi2D7Ph8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oFRi2D7Ph8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

The Deadzone

[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

Because of the shape of the ship, I still, to this day, put the silver bits on bulldog clips up to replicate Battle Beyond The Stars - they look just like it ;)

My daughter is 10 and I've recorded the Back To The Future trilogy for her and she's watched them and though they were brilliant - apart from III which she thought was pretty boring. She's seen Teen Wolf recently and Mannequin and she's got The Goonies to watch too - Lost Boys was a little too gory for her (I'd forgotten it was fairly adult) so that got turned off after about twenty minutes. There's something magical about 80s films. I think films today rely upon fancy camera work and CGI - there was so much originality during the 80s.

Starring John Terry who was recently in Lost.

I'm sure I've said it in another thread (and keep saying to my gf), but you just don't get crap - and I mean that in a good way - like you did in the 80s. We watched Class of 1999 last week, and whilst it hasn't aged particularly well it is such a product of its time. You really wouldn't get anything like that made nowadays and it's a real shame.

I guess the advent of satellite played a massive part in the demise of the local video shop being the only source of films outside of the cinema.

If nothing else it makes me appreciate that I was part of that era. And this thread brings back so many memories, it's impressive how many of those mentioned I've seen! :lol:

Top Secret:

[yt]y-YHw1sqjL8[/yt]

Weird Science:

[yt]zOHo5BoIXOA[/yt]

Say Anything:

[yt]mFV7FnbhBRY[/yt]

Crossroads (although this clip is really the best bit of the film)

[yt]4vuQeCy3wEE[/yt]

This Is Spinal Tap

[yt]YZbHagBNY98[/yt]

Pump Up The Volume (ok, it was released in 1990, but it was made in the 80s :coffee: )

[yt]MuhHPQxS2nQ[/yt]

Motherfucking Real Genius! Kilmer rocked in the 80s! This trailer is pretty lame but damn, there are some epic one-liners in it. Well worth a watch.

[yt]OUKi0h5ZwPg[/yt]

I loved the days where trailers pretty-much told you *everything* that would happen in the film :(

And Top Secret is a fabulous film - Kilmer is so wooden in it that it actually helps his performance. It was made as a more 'adult' Airplane-esque title, wasn't it?

And The Burbs is really good too!

I really need to watch more 80s films!

OT, but why isn't there is similar thread for TV shows?