A Serbian Film - Retired Adult film star does one last job

Goose

It wouldn't really put me off watching it. Stuff like that doesn't get to me. See also, horror movies not having any effect on me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to delight in

a baby being raped to death

, it's just that knowing it's entirely fake, it doesn't impact on me that badly. It's not a case of being desensitised either. It's just a clear partition between fantasy and reality in my head. I've not been able to bring myself to watch stuff like beheadings of captives in Iraq, because I know that's real. What would put me off more is that fact it's probably a shit movie, with or without that scene.

Yeah, I agree. There's no justification for something like that. I find it slightly worrying that anyone would find that acceptable, and it perhaps says a lot about our society that someone would think that's a suitable thing to put in a film, whether it be for shock value or trying to make some ridiculous point or whatever.

I don't think it really says anything about 'society', just the person making it.

So last night we got chatting to the guy who is selling this film. He says it's a quite incredible film. The baby rape scene is definitely in there but apparently that's not the worst bit!

He told us a story of how a guy who was going to buy it was watching but felt faint. So he got up to leave the theatre but fainted as he got to the door. He fell into the door smashing his nose and burst tgrough to the cinema lobby with blood flying everywhere! Still bought the film though!

Circumcision. They'll talk of increased cleanliness and reduced STI rates, whilst ignoring the fact the majority of the world gets by just fine without it. Anyway, i'm off on a bit of a tangent here...

Those children will never understand the delight of peeling back their foreskin to wash underneath. Deprived of true bliss.

I'm fairly certain that in this case, much like The Human Centipede, the idea in our heads is much worse than what we'll be presented with on screen. They're both concepts that sit particularly unwell on the mind.

It's not completely unprecedented either, Tim Roth's acclaimed The War Zone featured a baby rape, along with a father sodomizing his own daughter onscreen in an excruciating long take. By no means pleasant viewing, but a powerful film regardless.

It's the implication of what happens thats so grim, theres worse visualy through out the film though.

The protagonist, his wife, and their son are all lying on the bed together, with the child in between the parents. The camera zooms out to show that the protagonist is holding a gun to his wife's back so as to shoot all three of them together in one shot. He does this. There's a bit of a twist ending here now. We see the family dead on the bed and a man we've seen only briefly earlier in the film comes in with two men and a camera. He says to one of the men (paraphrasing here) "Do the little one first" implying that he should have sex with the dead child. The man begins to unzip his pants and moves to the bed. BLACK OUT.

:ph34r:

It's the implication of what happens thats so grim, theres worse visualy through out the film though.

The protagonist, his wife, and their son are all lying on the bed together, with the child in between the parents. The camera zooms out to show that the protagonist is holding a gun to his wife's back so as to shoot all three of them together in one shot. He does this. There's a bit of a twist ending here now. We see the family dead on the bed and a man we've seen only briefly earlier in the film comes in with two men and a camera. He says to one of the men (paraphrasing here) "Do the little one first" implying that he should have sex with the dead child. The man begins to unzip his pants and moves to the bed. BLACK OUT.

;)

Wow.

That's quite an ending.