IGNORED

The random discussion thread

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good, I was talking about a mechanic for bringing the ball down and trapping the other night. If those features aren't in vanilla, I'm going next gen. However, slightly disappointed that they are focussing on incremental improvements at these events, I hope there are some significant next gen features.

Battlefield 4, for those that don't know, is 64 Players and 60 frames for next gen. Massive leap from 24 players and 30 frames on current consoles.

Battlefield 4, for those that don't know, is 64 Players and 60 frames for next gen. Massive leap from 24 players and 30 frames on current consoles.

Apparently PS4 is getting Planetside 2.

No idea on the framerate, but that's 6,000 players per server on the PC.

Yeah it's free to play as well. I mentioned in the PS4 thread, why would you pay £40+ for Killzone when you can get that for free? I doubt it's anywhere near as refined or as polished as Battlefield or Collar Duty though, but definitely one to grab day one.

Yeah it's free to play as well. I mentioned in the PS4 thread, why would you pay £40+ for Killzone when you can get that for free? I doubt it's anywhere near as refined or as polished as Battlefield or Collar Duty though, but definitely one to grab day one.

It's been the main FPS I've played for the last 3 or 4 months. I'd say it's pretty solid and I've been enjoying it a lot, but I haven't played CoD or BF for a couple of years to be able to properly compare them.

As far as I understand it CoD and BF are still round-based aren't they? PS2 is an open persistent map where there's just a continuous fight for territory. There's less of an overall goal given that you can never actually win (besides capturing 100% of the continents), but the combat is always interesting. Especially since the fights can consist of 100s of players from each of the three factions fighting over a single base, the game creates some proper epic moments from time to time with that amount of action going off.

It'll be interesting to see if they attempt to integrate the PS4 version onto the PC servers or keep them separate though.

The new found level of Sony fanboyism us out if the world!

So am I right in thinking they won this gen based on.

-we will let you play 2nd hand games.

-you dont need to connect to the internet every 24 hours.

-no camera required.

I had a ps3 previously and all of these things where still the case but that still didnt make it any less shit, are there other reasons we should all throw our money at sony? Do I really need to give up my 360?

Why else do I neeeeeeed the ps4? (Genuine question)