The random discussion thread

14 minutes ago, smithstock said:

Had one, no games, got rid of it.

I'm more about emulation stuff these days and I'm quite selective about what I play now too.

I know a few people who got one and ended up going that way with getting rid yet I've found more games I enjoy on there than any console in the first 12-18 months ^_^ Each to their own I guess

Emulation I did when I was younger but I much prefer having original when it comes to consoles / physical games etc even though it tends to take up an enormous amount of room. The misses has accepted that I will get the garage converted to a games room one day :)

Any switch owners among us? got one recently as  present from the misses/kids for fathers day and birthday. (I knew I was getting it so made sure they picked games for the kids would like Mario Kart 8 and Mario Odyssey) but now looking at picking up something I can get my teeth into so was wondering what people would recommend?

I am guessing Zelda/Skyrim are going to be pretty high up. but can only really just about afford 1 game at the moment  what with life going on..

and what can I say I trust you guys in our little corner of rllmuk :) 

1 hour ago, humdrum said:

Any switch owners among us? got one recently as  present from the misses/kids for fathers day and birthday. (I knew I was getting it so made sure they picked games for the kids would like Mario Kart 8 and Mario Odyssey) but now looking at picking up something I can get my teeth into so was wondering what people would recommend?

I am guessing Zelda/Skyrim are going to be pretty high up. but can only really just about afford 1 game at the moment  what with life going on..

and what can I say I trust you guys in our little corner of rllmuk :) 

You are in for a treat :)

Zelda's the obvious choice if your into open world rpg's. It's got far less hand holding than Skyrim does though both games will keep you going for absolute ages. Though I suspect you might find you will enjoy mario too.

Errrm if you like JRPG's I would highly recommend xenoblade chronicles 2 as well. Really enjoyed that.

If you like games like devil may cry you can get Bayonetta 2 (brand new it comes with a download code for the first game). Not something i'm into but the games are meant to be great.

That said for the same money you can spend on those you could pick up 3 or 4 good indie games. Stardew Valley, West of Loathing & Golf story are 3 that spring to mind.

And bare in mind Fortnite is on there now so that's a good free game to pick up :)

12 minutes ago, humdrum said:

Thanks @Luseth I'll take a look never played any xenoblade of devil may cry. so i'll grab fortnite and my gut is telling me Zelda as if by some chance I don't like it, it seems to be holding its value pretty well.

Anytime, i've just picked up Crash to play on my holiday this week but I quite fancy Shining resonance refrain & Ys VIII as well. The JRPG's are starting to filter through so should hopefully become by go to console before long.

Thanks @Luseth and @theholyhogg brought breath of the wild last night and it seems really good so far, only done up to like the second mission as the marker I was meant to follow at the start disappeared and I couldn't work out how to get it back.But just wanted to say thanks!

On 13/07/2018 at 08:31, humdrum said:

Thanks @Luseth and @theholyhogg brought breath of the wild last night and it seems really good so far, only done up to like the second mission as the marker I was meant to follow at the start disappeared and I couldn't work out how to get it back.But just wanted to say thanks!

Mate, it’s amazing. Once you get the Paraglider it really opens up and you release how huuuuuge the map is. 

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know if anybody was interested but...

No Man's Sky just got a mega multiplayer patch and is currently £15 on PS Store. 

Also, Golf Club 2019 is coming soon if anyone fancies jumping on that alongside FIFA. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

Never got into battlefield,but im needing a shooter fix

I suggested it because there are a few people on the forums that play it and quite frequently too so you can get into a group most nights :)

But if you are after a faster paced shooter then COD is probably going to be more for you generally ^_^