Skate 3 (360) - 8

Dead or Alive Paradise (PSP) - 3

Alan Wake (360) - 8

The Whispered World (PC) - 6

Cave Story (Wii) - 9

Patchwork Heroes (PSP) - 7

Nier (360) - 7

Dead to Rights: Retribution (360) - 4

*They didn't review the online elements. They say it's a great game, with a strong focus on the multiplayer which they'll be reviewing later.

Online Reviews

Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) - 10

Previews

Vanquish (360, PS3)

Trinity Universe (PS3)

True Crime (360, PS3, PC)

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (360, PS3, Wii, DS)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (360, PS3, PC)

Hydro Thunder Hurricane (360)

Hydrophobia (360)

The King of Fighters XIII (Arcade)

Blacklight: Tango Down (360, PS3)

Features

- Interview with IO Interactive's Karsten Lund about Kane and Lynch 2's ambitious new direction

- Gaming on the iPad

- A look at the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time movie

- Jordan Mechner (creator of Prince of Persia) profile

- A look at 'stop gap' games, games that are quicker and cheaper to produce

Retro

- Behind the Scenes: Sin and Punishment

- Collector's Corner: Radiant Silvergun

- The Secret Files: Easter Eggs

- Conversion Catastrophe: The New Zealand Story

- Interview with Phoenix Online Studios about fan sequel King's Quest IX

Some nice scores. I am particularly interested in 3D Dot Game Heroes.

What about Red Dead? I have never played Revolver, I don't even know what kind of game it is. Knowing it is Rockstar, is it GTA with cowboys?

6 for Fifa. Are they normally low scorers on Fifa?

No they've been reviewing it favourably since FIFA08. They mention that it has frustrating flaws and the simulation is broken by inept goalkeeping, teammates who become confused, improbably occurrences happening too often, poor defending, wayward passing - basically the random element seems too pronounced this time and it feels like there's a lack of overall influence in play at times.

No they've been reviewing it favourably since FIFA08. They mention that it has frustrating flaws and the simulation is broken by inept goalkeeping, teammates who become confused, improbably occurrences happening too often, poor defending, wayward passing - basically the random element seems too pronounced this time and it feels like there's a lack of overall influence in play at times.

:quote:

The best FIFA in ages and they score it a 6, mentioning mistakes that simply aren't there.

Their reviews must simply be the worst ever. :facepalm:

It's bizarre, that sounds like a FIFA 10 review. Those specific criticisms are what's been addressed from 10 to WC.

Yeah he says they are a carry over from FIFA10, which is odd if those issues have been addressed now. I didn't have FIFA10, so I don't know; but so far this is playing a much better game of footy than FIFA09 did.

Yeah he says they are a carry over from FIFA10, which is odd if those issues have been addressed now. I didn't have FIFA10, so I don't know; but so far this is playing a much better game of footy than FIFA09 did.

Yep, it's weird. Especially the Goalkeepers complaint as that's been completely sorted IMO

Hmmm, all this talk about the goalies raises an interesting point: if you were going to try and design your perfect 'realistic' football game, would you make it so that the goalkeepers could be prone to cock-ups, with some being even more erratic and gaffe prone (Higuita, Grobbelaar, etc)?

While it's frustrating as hell to watch a game and have Almunia spaz out, I can't deny that I always love it when it's the other team on the receiving end of such things so I'd be inclined to say yes.

There's no point in having goalkeeper attributes in a football game if they're not going to be used, so keepers absolutely must make mistakes, but there has to be some level of player control to mitigate that. If you know your keeper's crap at catching crosses, for example, you need to be able to tell him not to bother or to only punch.

That's a tough thing to do with just one button.

There's no point in having goalkeeper attributes in a football game if they're not going to be used, so keepers absolutely must make mistakes, but there has to be some level of player control to mitigate that. If you know your keeper's crap at catching crosses, for example, you need to be able to tell him not to bother or to only punch.

That's a tough thing to do with just one button.

can you stop my keeper running out of the area too?

Great scores for Alan and Red Dead, May really is something special. DTR 4 ouch, can you summarise why they disliked it so much? was thinking of getting it at £20 or so.

Edge gave it a 6, saying:

It's simple, enjoyable, and in wisely steering clear of trying anything grand or complex, is an enjoyable if self-contained success.

I think that's a fair assessment to be honest. I had a lot of fun with it and I don't really see any justification for giving it such a low score. It looks good, the combat and gunplay are well tuned and Shadow is made consistently good use of. If you're a fan of third person shooters/brawlers, you should have a good time with it. My biggest complaint with it is that yes, it really doesn't do anything beyond the shooting/fighting and it doesn't have any ambitious set pieces to break the action up.

Of course that's just my opinion, and I know others on the forum feel similarly to Games TM, but yeah, for my money I paid full price for it and I don't have a scrap of buyers remorse about that.