New Nintendo Game Details

Harsin

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/05/0...ges/2132414385/

What's next after Wii Sports, Wii Fit and Wii Music? Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata provided that answer at an investor briefing today as he detailed Wii Party.

Wii Party is, as the name might suggest, a collection of party games. Slides shown during the briefing suggested the following modes of play:

- Teiban Party

Playable by one to four players. Includes "teiban," or "standard," games like Bingo, Roulette, Mii-jan, Overseas Trip Game and Sugoroku (dice).

- Pair Party

Recommended for two players. Includes Compatibility Check, Balance Ship, and Mii Awase (Mii Alignment).

- Living Party

Playable by more than two people. Iwata said that this area would feature new play types made possible by the Wiimote.

The game uses your Mii avatar collection for its characters. During the briefing, Iwata mentioned that over 160 million Miis have been made throughout the world.

Iwata noted that Wii Party will be Nintendo's first party game since 2007's Mario Party 8. That game sold 7.6 million copies worldwide. He told investors to expect Wii Party to be a major title from Nintendo for this fiscal year.

287ir7r.jpg

Is it me or are mii's getting tedious now? Bring back some cute furry animals or something or make something new? I know mii's are supposed to be endlessly entertaining but I'd rather have some really nice looking designed characters. Just seems like a lazy way of speeding up the development of games now...

rllmuk erupts into face palms as Nintendo announce family game for family games console one day after Edge gives Super Mario Galaxy 2 a 10. World attempts to stifle colossal yawn.

I've not seen the Edge thread? Is it on the website?

Is it me or are mii's getting tedious now? Bring back some cute furry animals or something or make something new? I know mii's are supposed to be endlessly entertaining but I'd rather have some really nice looking designed characters. Just seems like a lazy way of speeding up the development of games now...

The Mii's were always tedious. We all made ourselves, then our stoner flatmate, then Hitler, then got bored.

Hewson is bang on the money though. You've got Mario Galaxy 2 and a new Zelda coming out this year. Ssh.

The SMG2 review isn't even featured as the top story, odd.

Marvel at the pieces, but appreciate the whole. This isn’t a game that redefines the genre: this is one that rolls it up and locks it away. We’ve come so far, from stepping on mushrooms to drop-kicking meteors into the heart of the sun; Galaxy 2 offers a new understanding of where we’ve been, a new sense of wonder at where we’ll go next. [10]

I like Miis. Especially when you're skydiving in Resort and reaching out a hand to someone and you realise it's Chuck Norris. And he's holding hands with Chewbacca and Hitler, and then you've got Threepio, Pingu, Homer Simpson and Michael Jackson all heading your way.

Anyway, ironically Wii probably DOES need another party game, in that it's not got many good ones outside those that Nintendo has released already. Pack this with content, polish it up and release it at a nice price and - just maybe - online support, and this could well be firmly in the realms of the 'pretty good, actually'.

The Mii's were always tedious. We all made ourselves, then our stoner flatmate, then Hitler, then got bored.

Hewson is bang on the money though. You've got Mario Galaxy 2 and a new Zelda coming out this year. Ssh.

Not to mention a new Metroid and maybe a new Kirby game.

Spoiled brats! :coffee:

Anyway, ironically Wii probably DOES need another party game, in that it's not got many good ones outside those that Nintendo has released already. Pack this with content, polish it up and release it at a nice price and - just maybe - online support, and this could well be firmly in the realms of the 'pretty good, actually'.

This. Bar Wii Sports, Sports Resort and arguably Fit Plus, everything else is shite that I've played so if Nintendo can make it fun, polished, lasting, and not fucking broken (virtually everything else I've played hits more than one of those criteria) then I'm all for it. Although Mario Party 8 or whatever it was was rubbish too, so it's hardly guaranteed to be a winner.

The Mario Parties are Hudson, though. This is internal Nintendo, I think.

Probably better for it too, some of the later Mario Party's just didn't work that well but some sort of Sports resort / party hybrid could be quite good.

I think they do need more interconnectivity stuff though, you should be able to upload these sort of games (and sports resort) to Wii fit plus or somehing. As you should with the pokewalker... but I'll stop before I derail.

=> Arse all for ages

=> SMG 2 10/10 Edge magazine

=> wank Wii party minigames

=> Metroid soon but it'll be wierd

=> wank third party minigames

=> Zelda when they can be arsed

How are we supposed to base our Wii trade-in decisions on this sort of schizophrenic release schedule? I'm just glad I kept hold of mine so that I could use it as a cheese rack.