IGNORED

Luther...BBC1 tonight.

DeFiBkIlLeR

How could anyone find the ginger murderer hot? I despair!

Watched the first; twas okay. The ugly ginger was godawful, though. Total pantomime. She's not a regular, is she?

Gayer

Just watched latest one, another good epp - killer punch !

I am not convinced Idris Alba is a good actor. Loved him in The Wire but i think he is quite bad in this. The scene were he works out

that the soldier is going to take sniper shots at them

was atrociously acted.

Never watched The Wire, but the scene when he kicks his wife's door in was on Jonathan Ross and made me think exactly the same - laughably bad acting.

Just watched tonight's episode about a serial killing loony. It was fairly OK TV viewing but

the killer sniffs handbags :unsure:

, the ending was fairly bizarre given

his seemingly down trodden wife ended up at the final crime scene with the rozzers and she ended up clubbing her killer husband to death with a claw hammer :wub:

It was OK but the main character isn't up there with Gene Hunt or Boyd from Waking the Dead or Taggart. He seems to just bumble through investigations. I don't think a second series will ever make it to our screens.

I think it's great and does a good job of trying to be more than a typical british cop/crime drama. Just got a feeling it's not getting much of a following. Not sure why really. I suppose it's missing a certain something, not quite sure what yet.

Just watched the first ep. on iPlayer after only just finding out about the programme. Was ok, got better as it went along. I pretty much agree with what others have said: shite script, good everything else. Cringeworthy bits were the door punching in and Luther overturning the table and just saying 'bloody hell'--either swear properly or don't say anything at all.

Anyway, I'm definitely gay for Idris Elba I think. He's beautiful. The ginger woman however has got a mouth like the mad professor man in The Nightmare Before Christmas, although she is quite sexy still. And anyone who wants to see Luther's wife getting busy should watch Kama Sutra. She gets it on with Sayid from Lost. It's one of those erotic dramas they played late at night on CH4 in the nineties. Nice.

I'll do my best to catch up on the rest of the show so I'm in the same place as everyone else for the next episode.

This is getting unfairly lambasted in the media, imo. I'm really enjoying it.

There's some nice stylistic stuff in there. I particularly love the "get to the fucking point" speed of the pre-titles sequence, which is so much better than practically every other BBC drama, and the way that the next episode is trailed in the end credits. True, some of the writing isn't great, but Elba is, and I'm loving the dynamics between the various characters. That being said, the police chief woman really, really, REALLY can't act.

I particularly love the "get to the fucking point" speed of the pre-titles sequence, which is so much better than practically every other BBC drama, and the way that the next episode is trailed in the end credits.

I love the opening titles. You don't often tend to see good title sequences on British shows, but this one is great. The nice thing about the credits is that it's difficult for the Beeb to try to credit-squeeze, or talk over the top of them.

Just watched 3 episodes back to back.

IT'S A BOMB!

HE'LL KILL AGAIN!

I LOVE YOU!

I'LL KILL YOU!

THE HOSPITALS ON FIRE!

LUTHER!

I don't understand how it's possible to not love this show. Fucking marvelous it is.

EDIT: Sorry forgot: DAVID BOWIE! LUTHER!!

Episode 3 is bloody brilliant.

The ludicrous villain. Drinking blood from a tea cup! The tongue! The Polaroid camera!

The undercover cop straight from Dark Place. Her eyes were like..............................the eyes of a horse.

Alice being crazy hot as ever.

Love this show now.

I don't like the way it's gone :( Liked the last episode but am not keen on the story from now on. I find stories like this really frustrating. Not just that but it's been done so many times before.

Still loving this show - unashamedly entertaining. Just a guy being really badass, what can be wrong with that?

I also like the use of music, a lot - despite the fact that the Sia song from this week is too inextricably linked to Six Feet Under to be of use to anyone else.

er where is the fucking love people.

I think this slipped out at the wrong time of year or something, because this is exactly the sort of shit that usually gets a love in on here.

Whats up with everyone ?