Dedication's what you need

Along with a Canon 7D, a 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS, a Gigapan EPIC Pro, access to an incredible location, 4250 individual photographs, 12 gigs of RAM, an I7-920, 2 terabytes of hard disk space, Autopano Giga, Gigapan uploader, 1 day to render, 4 days to upload around 1.5 million files, and lots and lots of patience.

44.88 gigapixels:

http://gigapan.org/gigapans/48492/

• 3 weeks later...
heh. That's brilliant. How does it feel to be a world record holder? :(

A bit "meh" to be honest.

It is generating a lot of interest though - did a presentation to a couple of hundred people last week, front page of one of the local rags on Saturday, interview with TV for a show that'll go out later in the summer, it was on German TV at the weekend, etc etc etc.

Just need to find a way to make some dosh from it!

Wow, outstanding. Has anybody found anything funny/obscure on there? I never realised how few people there are in Dubai.

The reason why there are so few people in the shot is because it was taken between about 8 and 11:30 on a Friday morning.

Friday's our Sunday, so people would most likely be in bed nursing a hangover, or in a mosque praying.

If you check the snapshots on the Gigapan site, there are quite a few interesting ones. My favourite is probably the guy standing in the middle of a construction site wearing only his underpants washing his arse.

If you check the snapshots on the Gigapan site, there are quite a few interesting ones. My favourite is probably the guy standing in the middle of a construction site wearing only his underpants washing his arse.

I like 'Ghost Car'.