Monster Hunter Tri Online

Yeah if enough of us are interested it'll keep the individual cost down. I'd be interested.

For a small number of simultaneous users, the cost is minimal. I'm more bothered about whether people here will use it. I don't mind setting it up etc. and I'll have a chat with the RLLMUK Committee to see whether there's any scope for having an "official RLLMUK Vent Server", paid for by the forum. It could then be used for other online games too.

Linked to the Wii, a standard USB keyboard at the moment. Heard Wii Speak isn't worth bothering with. Also got a mic set upto the PC which can be used but is fairly far away from the sofa (but still in the same room, so I could swivel the TV round...).

I got around to installing Skype today so feel free to add me (sieonskype). I've just added those who have left their Skype names in this thread, give me a shout if I've missed you.

As I can't be arsed to move the laptop around when playing on MHT, I'll just be using my PS3 bluetooth headset so the quality might not be as great as you or I would like. But of course, I'll still be using my trusty Wii keyboard too.

I got around to installing Skype today so feel free to add me (sieonskype). I've just added those who have left their Skype names in this thread, give me a shout if I've missed you.

As I can't be arsed to move the laptop around when playing on MHT, I'll just be using my PS3 bluetooth headset so the quality might not be as great as you or I would like. But of course, I'll still be using my trusty Wii keyboard too.

We also have the option of using Iza's Ventrilo server. Is anyone interested in using a room on the Vent server as a gathering place and for text/voip chat in-game? May also be a good way of finding out who's online so we can at least get added to each others' lists.

I like the way they've basically made it impossible to actually ever add friends on this. Even if I do find someone from here who's online they're invariably in a quest so I can't send a message and the hub they're in is full so I can't teleport there and wait around for them like some sort of creepy stalker either

So PM them on here. Or get on Skype if they are and let them know you're trying to hook up. There's nothing creepy about going in to a lobby - sending a message saying 'Hi' to people in a quest using TAB, then perhaps popping off on your own quest while they're away - the creepiness is product of your imagination. I certainly wouldn't think it was creepy of you - only necessary as the friending system is a bit fucked up.

Also i didn't realise you could send a message to people in a quest. Is it possible to do that without a keyboard, and just using the controller?

Yes. When the virtual keyboard is up. Press the ZR button to change the name of who you're talking to. :) There's a space in my crew - right now! Come on!

• 2 months later...

Can I recommend we move one of the preferred servers to recruiting?

I find these servers a lot better as can set hr limit/'goals'and be a bit more specific.

I'll be on tonight with my mate starting with Alatreon then onto Barrioth and Aknaktors.

Is it just me or do a lot of longsword get on other peoples nerves?

I haven't met one who has survived alatreon and they just seem to constantly hit me or wake monsters we are about to plant bombs on etc.

Conversly I haven't met a bad gunner yet, only good and average ones.

Switch axes can be a bit annying as they have huge range and tend to hit me lots :angry:

• 1 year later...

A long shot perhaps, but anyone still playing this?

I've recently got back into it since a mate picked it up, I'd made hardly any progress before (literally as far as the Qurupeco, but have no unlocked the Gobul quest), I'm currently only HR9 online but the pair of us would probably like a few more (reliable) people to link up with. Both on the EU version of the game.