rllmuk
The Sarge

Xenoblade Chronicles - Wii

5 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

The proof will be in the ingame shots where you can actually tell what the faces look like

After watching a side by side on YouTube I hate what they've done to Shulk. Generic anime head a go go.

shulk.JPG

I dislike few things more than generic anime faces, but there's a big caveat to that. XC2 really surprised me by how nuanced and expressive the faces were - if XC1 inherits that I'm all for it, which I wouldn't have thought possible. 

Maybe this would have been the ideal:

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Wrong!!! Open it and play it immediately. Best JRPG I’ve ever played. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Wrong!!! Open it and play it immediately. Best JRPG I’ve ever played. 

But...it's coming to switch and he can sell it for about 70 quid....

If the remake doesnt have the original voice actors then they've messed up. Was one of the best things about the original.

• Upvote 2

I'll probably buy this on the Switch, which will be the 3rd time I'll buy this game. Hopefully this time I'll find some time to make it beyond the first 10 hours or so.

• Upvote 4

On 05/09/2019 at 21:26, Mr Ben said:

The music is so good in this.

:wub:

So jealous of those getting to play this fresh on Switch.

Agreed.  I've been holding out on getting a switch in the hopes of an eventual Switch Pro but now I think I have to go for it.

• Upvote 1

I did, it is was just a download of a several tracks iirc... Went out and grabbed the full ost cds from amazon a few years back. 

4 hours into this on the Wii, absolutely love it. Never played any of the games before but the scale and soundtrack on this are just amazing 

• Upvote 2

Looks like the date for the remaster has been leaked - May 29th. :omg:

• Upvote 4

On 10/01/2020 at 15:59, mdn2 said:

Looks like the date for the remaster has been leaked - May 29th. :omg:

Confirmed in the Direct. And it looks incredible. Bizarre how a remake is easily my most anticipated release of the year. 

:omg:

Seriously, someone else needs to post in this thread. 

1 minute ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Did you get the soundtrack mp3s from the Wii version?

I did. It's a fantastic soundtrack. 

On 06/09/2019 at 03:31, Keyboard Koala said:

I'll probably buy this on the Switch, which will be the 3rd time I'll buy this game. Hopefully this time I'll find some time to make it beyond the first 10 hours or so.

Me to!

Oh God, I’m going to buy it again aren’t I?

Something spotted on Reddit (major Xenoblade 1 & 2 spoilers):

Alvis’ reworked design replaces the key around his neck with a necklace in the shape of a trinity processor, to match Mythra & Malos’ core crystals. This confirms the theory that he is the third core of the trinity processor, the one that got zapped out of Earth/Alrest along with the other half of Klaus’ body.

18 minutes ago, sandman said:

Me to!

Me as well and i’ll probably need a switch to play it on..... the start is such a stonking game but I’ve just never stuck with it. 

Same. I’ve still got this on Wii and always mean to get back into it so now I have a dilemma on whether to get the remake or just play the original. 

I've always been intrigued by this game but never got around to it. I did play part 2 on the Switch but that wasn't my thing at all, didn't get on with it, and abandoned it after giving it more than 10 hours to grab me. My question is: is there a chance that someone who didn't like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 at all, would like part 1? Or is it basically the same kind of thing?

15 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I've always been intrigued by this game but never got around to it. I did play part 2 on the Switch but that wasn't my thing at all, didn't get on with it, and abandoned it after giving it more than 10 hours to grab me. My question is: is there a chance that someone who didn't like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 at all, would like part 1? Or is it basically the same kind of thing?

What didn't you like about it? The first game is similar in style (large, open worlds with creatures travelling all over the maps) and with similar (but easier) combat, but the story and characters are so much better. And the soundtrack is phenomenal. 

19 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

What didn't you like about it? The first game is similar in style (large, open worlds with creatures travelling all over the maps) and with similar (but easier) combat, but the story and characters are so much better. And the soundtrack is phenomenal. 

I don't like MMOs at all, it's not just the presence of other players and elements in the world constantly resetting that breaks my immersion completely, but there's also something about the basic structure that I find extremely tedious to play despite loving 'normal' RPGs. I absolutely hated Kingdoms of Amalur last gen because it felt exactly like playing an offline MMO. I don't know what my problem with it is exactly, but I find it no fun at all. Xeno Chronicles 2 on the Switch felt exactly like that to me, an offline MMO, and I really tried pushing forward with it until it hopefully clicked but I just didn't find it fun. So if the first is also more like an offline MMO instead of a normal RPG with big sandbox areas, then it's probably not for me. The reason I ask is that I really love RPGs and I love the idea of these games, so I'm willing to give it another shot.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I don't like MMOs at all, it's not just the presence of other players and elements in the world constantly resetting that breaks my immersion completely, but there's also something about the basic structure that I find extremely tedious to play despite loving 'normal' RPGs. I absolutely hated Kingdoms of Amalur last gen because it felt exactly like playing an offline MMO. I don't know what my problem with it is exactly, but I find it no fun at all. Xeno Chronicles 2 on the Switch felt exactly like that to me, an offline MMO, and I really tried pushing forward with it until it hopefully clicked but I just didn't find it fun. So if the first is also more like an offline MMO instead of a normal RPG with big sandbox areas, then it's probably not for me. The reason I ask is that I really love RPGs and I love the idea of these games, so I'm willing to give it another shot.

Yeah, it probably isn't for you then. It's strange, I have no interest in MMO's myself, yet I adore Xenoblade. I think the world building is unparalleled. 

Mr. Gerbik respect -1 

;)

3 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Mr. Gerbik respect -1

:(

Thanks for the reply though! I'm still kind of intrigued but I'm probably better off waiting until it's really really really cheap. Bought Xenoblade Chronicles 2 full price which was a bummer :lol: