rllmuk
Joyrex-J9

Recommended game lists

Also, have you thought about making one sheet with several tabs instead...or would that be too big a download?

It had crossed my mind, but the Megadrive one is owned by someone else.

I think there are pros and cons of doing it either way

Excellent stuff. I've been adding some stuff just now even though I've been working with spreadsheets all day. Kept wanting to put my initials on the end of the stuff I had input, force of habit.

Added a few essentials to the PS2 list, and Rock N Roll Racing to the SNES list.

Must have been you I was watching enter a few games. Wondered what else you'd come up with.

Been contributing a few to MD and Dreamcast. Difficult to know what to put for "Exclusive" as some were exclusive in their generation, but have been released on newer formats or in compilations. Apologies for any errors...

That was me. Feel free to change :)

edit: I modified the Xbox, Dreamcast and Gamecube lists. Hope that helps. I'll be back with other platforms another day because now I feel like playing some damn Gamecube :)

Just updated the MAME list slightly; there were a lot of duplicated rows for some reason - maybe something went awry during the transition of the old list? - but the duplicates are no more. Maybe later I'll have a go at transferring the bracketed ROM names from the descriptions to the vacant column on the right...

Updated the MAME list:

• Transferred the remaining bracketed rom names (those that had been added, anyway) to their own column - previously they were part of the description. (As promised two posts up and two months ago!)
  • Tidied apostrophes and quotes that had turned into "Õ"s after the transition to GoogleDocs; might not have caught all of them though...
  • Added Radiant Silvergun. ;)

Added Puggsy to the Sega Megadrive spreadsheet.

I remember this as a brilliant game, with some pretty tough puzzles, great physics and the most amazing 3d intro I'd ever seen. I doubt it was the first instance of 3d, but it was the first I'd seen.

3d intro here

Info on Puggsy here, I particularly liked the anti piracy function in the cart.

Puggsy wiki link

• Upvote 1

I came in here to browse the Sega Saturn list; except there isn't one. Would somebody care to start it?

Also:

I've added Pocky & Rocky 2 to the SNES list and Sonic Pinball Party, Pac-Man Collection, Digidrive and Dotstream to the GBA list.

That's not a bad thread, but I found this one while searching for something else and it is much better - more posts, more recommendations and more memories :)

Sega Saturn for beginners

I have started a spreadsheet, not had chance to put much on there yet though.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Am4lBpnpAvf_dEEtT2JJZFI1Zlk2aG5tZzNJSDVCUWc&hl=en_GB&authkey=CMH4lMQJ

I added 3 to the DC list a few months ago when I was surprised that code Veronica wasn't there. The other two less known titles included Silver and E.G.G. which are both good.