Nintendo 3DS - first thread

That's quite possibly the worst idea i've ever heard. Why tailor a single brilliant control scheme, when you can spread yourself thin and create several really confusingly shit ones that don't quite work instead! The general games buying public will love it!

This is the crux of the argument, and the point you are refusing to accept or even consider.

Nintendo have introduced the CPP to give developers, and players, a choice of control options.

Developers have offered players the choice of different control schemes for years based on their personal preference and what hardware they own. This is no different. Choosing one doesnt mean abandoning another.

But the whole point is that Nintendo themselves designed this. So if anyone's confusing anyone, it's them.

Why would they do that if they believed the current 3DS design is enough?

But developers don't have to choose. They can support the hypothetical twin-stick redesign, the CCP, the face buttons (as MGS 3D does) and the touchscreen, and let the user pick which option suits them bast, based on what hardware they've got.

I'm guessing a lot of games are going to have optional CCP controls anyway. I don't think it's a huge problem having a twin-stick 3DS (from a developer or consumer point of view) given that it's just a way to save people carrying the CCP around. As long as a one-stick control option is always included in games as the default control option I don't see a problem.

Which current 3DS game NEEDS a second stick by the way?

But surely it doesn't really matter if any present games need a second stick? Nintendo decided to release the CCP and so now the second stick is part of the 3DS vernacular. Offering customers the ability to use a second stick without carrying around the CCP surely isn't a big deal?

I'm going on EDGE's preview. I don't know anyone who's played it.

Gotta back up Mid in monser hunters case...I've been following 3g for a while and most importers that post on forums, create FAQs and put the hours into Monster hunter genrally play without cpp now. The effort put into it for non cpp users is great to see. The lock on and customisable d-pad had helped a lot. Personally I cannot see myself playing it without cpp thou.

How long is the battery supposed to last on the Circle Pad Pro? I thought it was something silly like 300 hours but mine was completely dead last night after less than 10 hours use in total.

Yeah, I'm guessing those numbers wee lies. I've onle used mine for Resident Evil which says I've played 23 hours and I've had to change the battery. Bit annoying really

Yeah, I'm guessing those numbers wee lies. I've onle used mine for Resident Evil which says I've played 23 hours and I've had to change the battery. Bit annoying really

It's not in a bag or something like that where the buttons are constantly being pushed, is it?

That's the only thing I can think of that would drain it faster. Mine is still fine and I must have used it for about the same length of time.

The lock on and customisable d-pad had helped a lot. Personally I cannot see myself playing it without cpp thou.

Yeah, the customisable d-pad is a really good idea.

Aq05j.jpg

A game that REQUIRES TWO STICKS, will not be made. Its as simple as that. You don't make shed loads of money by disregarding the vast majority of your customers, to target your big franchise at an insignificant number of CPP owners. It appears you've not taken on board how games history has treated other OPTIONAL accessories.

But look at the dual shock. It became the standard in-pack controller for the PS1. All games used it, but it was still OPTIONAL (except with Ape Escape). Games were much better with it though. 3DS games will always be compatible with one stick, no matter what they do, but that's not to say they won't work better with two.

Why tailor a single brilliant control scheme, when you can spread yourself thin and create several really confusingly shit ones that don't quite work instead! The general games buying public will love it!

Isn't this what Resi:Revelations did? A high point in the series?

Anyway, Pikmin 3DS to be announced today.

3DS Game Gear Virtual Console Begins in March

Shinobi, Sonic and Dragon Crystal launch on March 14.

The 3DS Virtual Console will get a new system on March 14. Famitsu reveals this week that Sega will begin offering Game Gear games at ¥300 a pop.

The March 14 launch will include three titles:

• The GG Shinobi
  • Sonic & Tales 2
  • Dragon Crystal Shirani's Maze

Game Gear support will likely be one of the major announcements from today's Nintendo Direct broadcast. For a live blog of the broadcast, see this story.

Oh Nintendo is at the London Japan event - Hyper Japan - this weekend in London - they promise esclusive Downloable content for 3DS users! - Wonder if its related to todays events...

Anyway The last event for Japan had some demo up on the eshop afterwards - lets hope there some cool stuff for 3ds owners to check out afterwards (I lent my 3ds out to amate to play RE :facepalm: )

edit: Link to the event page for all:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/nintendo_direct_47764.html

I think it's fair to say that the 3DS successor will have twin sticks by default.

I will, however, eat my own face if they release a 3DS with new default controls.

Perhaps the game could detect which hardware it's playing on and default to the optimal setup. Just a thought. Anyway yesterday you said there would never be a two stick 3DS. What's made you change your mind?

A game that REQUIRES TWO STICKS, will not be made. Its as simple as that. You don't make shed loads of money by disregarding the vast majority of your customers, to target your big franchise at an insignificant number of CPP owners. It appears you've not taken on board how games history has treated other OPTIONAL accessories.

A game that REQUIRES A CAMERA, will not be made. Its as simple as that. You don't make shed loads of money by disregarding the vast majority of your customers, to target your big franchise at an insignificant number of camera add-on owners. It appears you've not taken on board how games history has treated other OPTIONAL accessories.

sku_10596_1.jpgds_nintendo_face-training.jpg

Oh, and of course the camera was then built in to the DSi.

As much as I like the idea of Game Gear games on the store, its unlikely the games I would want will be released on there.

I possibly might purchase Sonic, but titles such as Castle of Illusion, Land of Illusion and Lucky Dime Caper probably wont appear. I'd like some "Putt & Putter" action too!