rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Troublegum

Nintendo 3DS - first thread

Good luck. It's a Nintendo published title - they rarely drop in price *ever*.

This used to be a truism, but it wasn't so long ago GAME (GAME!) were selling Pilotwings and Nintendogs for £19.99 new.

Well yeah, they drop a little. They're hardly "down to £5 in a month" Sega though. You won't be seeing OOT for less than half price any time soon. Or ever, I expect.

Maybe if they printed way too many and 3DS sales keep lagging behind predictions there'll be some kind of discount to clear copies.

It's the primary reason any physical game gets bomba-binned, a glut of supply. CoD keeps its value pretty well, considering how many copies are in circulation, even the digital version doesn't get priced dropped, and there is an infinite supply of that one :)

It's the primary reason any physical game gets bomba-binned, a glut of supply. CoD keeps its value pretty well, considering how many copies are in circulation, even the digital version doesn't get priced dropped, and there is an infinite supply of that one :)

That`s because people who buy CoD are parents who dont want their kids handling a second hand copy that`s been near some guy`s nuts.

• Downvote 1

Probably just me being paranoid, but the Ambassadors icon and explanation has gone from the eshop. This doesn't mean my system has been discounted, does it? Can anyone else still see it?

Every 3ds game is £25 in Morrisons right now.

Damn 3G connection

Damn 3G connection

I'd get that connection looked at if I were you - it took you three weeks to post that news.

Winky.gif

I bought that Jason Rohrer thing and it was not worth one-hundred-and-eighty pence.

Really? What is it exactly? I was thinking about getting it but probably won't now.

Really? What is it exactly? I was thinking about getting it but probably won't now.

It's a compilation of three of his (free) Flash arty "games".

• Upvote 1

What's Yoshi? Yoshi's Cookie? Or some game I've never heard of?

Also, I know it's not particularly popular, but I really want to complete Zelda 2. I remember getting particularly far at one point, but then getting frustrated and giving up. There's only so many skeletons with height-switching daggers in narrow corridors one man can endure.

Is NES Open Tournament Golf anything like the Game Boy golf game?

It must be Yoshi's Cookie.

NES Open Golf, it quite a comprehensive golf game for its time anyway. Has Stroke Play, Match Play, Club House mode and tournament. Plus five courses.

Really disappointed with that list.

I know they're free but it's such a dull, obvious lineup. Stuff like Ice Climber and Balloon Fight they gave away with Cube Animal Crossing and on e-reader cards, think I've received Metroid for free approximately 8 hundred times... I forget exactly, but I know it came with GBA Zero Mission and I'm sure linking Prime to Fusion unlocked it too.

I'd much rather they released stuff like Kirbys Adventure, Kid Icarus, Warios Woods, Punch Out, and I'm sure Mario Bros 2 and 3 would have been a better present to those who've never played them. Though I guess releasing the Marios wipes out their £20 compilation retail disc on the Wii. Clu Clu land is probably as obscure as Yoshi but it's also about a million times better, though I guess that one did come with Animal Crossing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd much rather have Mario 1 than 2, maybe even more than 3. I still love playing through it; they really nailed the feel of inertia on the fat wee guy there.

I think Mario 3 is one of the free GBA games. Also, I've never bothered playing Metroid to completion, so that'll be fun.

I do also wish we were getting Punch Out though.

I want 3D Classics Snake Rattle n' Roll with added 4-player online co-op and vs on 20 new mutiplayer focused stages. And power-ups that let you lick the balls off each other.

• Upvote 3

I want 3D Classics Snake Rattle n' Roll with added 4-player online co-op and vs on 20 new mutiplayer focused stages. And power-ups that let you lick the balls off each other.

I can't believe that none of these games have even online leaderboards.. I mean... Nintendo FFS! You just don't get it.

I don't care about online multiplayer as much on portables; Online leaderboards will make or break Mario Kart for me. And they have to be friends only ones too; I couldn't care less about some anonymous man's time.

I don't care about online multiplayer as much on portables; Online leaderboards will make or break Mario Kart for me. And they have to be friends only ones too; I couldn't care less about some anonymous man's time.

;)

I was, of course, having a wee laugh...

Given that Mario Kart Wii online was so brilliantly done, I suspect it'll be at least as ace on the 3DS. Spotpass and Streetpass updates abound I imagine... including Kart customisations and ghosts.

• Downvote 1