Nintendo 3DS - first thread

Troublegum

Better then a d-pad and no DS's came with the thumb pad after the original was kind of the point.

But it's still digital. The problem with the game was that it only works with analogue, and changing the type of digital makes no difference.

Boo hiss. It would appear not one nerd walks past my home office in Ramsbottom as I've had my 3DS sat near the window for the last three days and have no hits. I should literally get out more.

I'm sure Ramsbottom is a sea of 3DSs once you get the quaint town centre. ;)

We should do another meet up at JP or Ste's place and you'll get at least 3 hits there.

I do love the street pass concept but it has started to effect the way I walk in public. My normal way of walking is as I would imagine like many others is to give my fellow pedestrian as much room as possible, now I find myself walking up close to people as I possible can in search of that elusive hit.

Someone early on in the thread mentioned profiling and I totally understand what he means as you seem to scan your walking environment, actually paying close attention to the people in it wondering if they are packing a 3DS.

It does seem to make my walks / commutes that more interesting though :)

Streetpass git!!! I mean Get!!!

Tried to get one in belfast yesterday walking round Game and everything, and got nothing, walked very quickly round buying mothers day pressie and then sat in bar for ages and got my first!!! heehaa!!

edit: a very empty bar at that.

Rabbids is very fun so far! Got it a day early this morning and it feels like a very fun platformer - what you'd expect really. The 3D effects are nice and quite subtle with the side-scrolling aspects and the cutscenes look very cool in the 3D. The platforming gameplay feels quite Mario-esque going along and collecting coins, attacking enemies in the way and removing obstacles. It's quite fun trying to find the hidden clothing items too to customise your character.

Streetpass git!!! I mean Get!!!

Tried to get one in belfast yesterday walking round Game and everything, and got nothing, walked very quickly round buying mothers day pressie and then sat in bar for ages and got my first!!! heehaa!!

edit: a very empty bar at that.

Where is this mythical bar? Im just home from town, Victoria Square, M and S and Royal Avenue. No hits :(

I had my first Black Screen of Death today. Good times.

Yeah, me too, luckily at the very start of a mission on Ghost Recon.

In town today, I was walking past Game and saw someone looking at 3DS games, so I went in and stood next to them pretending to be very interested in Rayman 3D and hoping that they were Streetpassing.

Turns out they were just a bloody window shopper. :angry: I will find someone else with a 3DS in this crappy town.

Turns out they were just a bloody window shopper. :angry: I will find someone else with a 3DS in this crappy town.

You want to find out what street Scott walks down, apparently he gets 30 new Miis every 10 meters according to this thread.

Rabbids is very fun so far! Got it a day early this morning and it feels like a very fun platformer - what you'd expect really. The 3D effects are nice and quite subtle with the side-scrolling aspects and the cutscenes look very cool in the 3D. The platforming gameplay feels quite Mario-esque going along and collecting coins, attacking enemies in the way and removing obstacles. It's quite fun trying to find the hidden clothing items too to customise your character.

I loved Rabbids Go Home - is this in any way like that?

Is there anything on the SD card that comes pre-installed that needs to be transferred or owt, or can I just happily pull it straight out and replace it with a 16gb SanDisk trouble free?

I just did that - before turning on pulled out 2gb - inserted a 16 gb.... i have had no problems or seem to be missing anything....

edit: got min on launch with a few games n stuff... everything seems to work fine - not noticed i missed anything

Where is this mythical bar? Im just home from town, Victoria Square, M and S and Royal Avenue. No hits :(

went to hotel chocolat and then sat in Katy Dalys, but hardly anyone in the place, musta been the staff!!! :)

Did go to sainsburys, very briefly, on way home, who knows!

I swapped the 2GB for a an 8GB and formatted it when I first turned on the DS. I've run the update and my system hasn't crashed once so maybe that original format is the right way to go.

Formatted it on a PC or on the 3DS itself?

I got Nintendogs with my bonus Tesco Direct voucher. I quite enjoyed the original but this seems to be exactly the same (apart from the cat) and the 3D doesn't impress me at all. Fair enough, it's not for adults and I bought it knowing I could make a profit by selling it on, but the box is damaged and won't close. Denied! Oh well, I'm sure such a condition won't bother Game...

I do like the pictures of the dogs looking through the square holes inside the box, though. Yeah, that's the best argument yet for these eco boxes (better than saving the planet at any rate).

I loved Rabbids Go Home - is this in any way like that?

Hmm I don't think I played that one, I played one of the other Wii ones but I get confused as there's a bunch now. It's just straight to the point platforming. In terms of the environments and worlds it's all Travel in Time again. It can get a bit repetitive seeing the same backgrounds over like 15 or however many levels are in each world, once you reach the last few. But it's pretty solid in terms of gameplay - feels like Mario meets LittleBigPlanet with the jumping etc. I've noticed if you play like me... with the analog stick, sometimes the jumping can be a bit hit and miss or laggy. It's got the usual Rabbids loads of unlockables, statues, costumes etc.