Nintendo 3DS - first thread

Excuse me if this has been asked a million times already, but it that green 3D light always on, even when the slider is turned to off??

I'm still confused by this. Should the green 3D light always be on? I assumed it would switch off when you pulled the 3D slider down to off.

you can import your wii miis or whatever but you can't do it until you've created your first one on the 3DS which you then can't delete and which will be your main mii forever, so i spent ten minutes diligently copying the features of my wii mii over to the 3DS system by hand, holding up the 3DS against the screen to compare. not because my wii mii looks much like me but just because, well, you know, i don't want to abandon him after all these years. i'd feel bad just making a replacement. i felt a bit silly doing this but also wondered why they decided not to let you import an existing mii as your main mii in the first place. as previously discussed and now reinforced i hate miis. except the one to which i've become somehow attached and now has a cloned brother with a dodgily 3Dised nose.

A thousand times this.

Knowing I was going to import my Wii Mii over I just made a crappy 3DS Mii so to get to the option to transfer and now you can't delete the little sod. Ridiculous. Why they just didn't give you the option to transfer over to start with or then to change/delete your primary Mii is beyond me. Grrr.

Just called my local Currys store, and they said it's £197 for the console on its own, or £222 with a game :unsure:

I double checked with them, and was put through to someone else and was told they had an updated price list this morning. Both stores said the same thing. I almost don't believe it either, which is why I called two different stores. I'm heading up there soon to find out for certain, and will post here with my results.

The 3D light goes off when playing normal DS games. AS someone said earlier, hold select on boot up and it lowers the Resolution of the original DS game, making it look a million times better!. I have Nintendogs coming today, but I really want more games :( Thinking of getting street fighter and Pro Evo later on :)

3D rufus is disappointed in everyone who didn't get a 3DS yet. my 3D phone number is 4940 - 5415 - 5389 (all welcome of course but please only add me if you actually want to play some street fighter. i don't want to go through the social anguish of wondering how long is appropriate to wait before removing friends with whom who i've never played a game! i'm sure anyone with an xbox 360 will understand). the friend card has a spot to put your favourite game icon on it, and a comment like an xbox motto thing but slightly shorter so i had to get creative in thinking up a new one, but it's okay now.

I've added you for some Street Fighting mash ups. Along with everyone else who has posted in the thread.

The 3D light goes off when playing normal DS games. AS someone said earlier, hold select on boot up and it lowers the Resolution of the original DS game, making it look a million times better!. I have Nintendogs coming today, but I really want more games :( Thinking of getting street fighter and Pro Evo later on :)

Excuse my thickness, but....

So the 3D light should be on all of the time unless playing DS software? I assumed it would go off when you put the slider to off. Just want to make sure it's OK, and not faulty.

Oh yeah - Nintendogs is fantastic! :wub: :wub:

I just called two different Currys stores in Plymouth. They're selling the 3DS with a selected game for £174. I made them double check, and they said yep they got the prices in this morning. I'll be heading there soon, so will confirm later. Both stores said they had plenty available. I called Toys R Us (who I have my preorder with) and they do price match, but only on solus systems and not bundles. They did say I can get my £10 deposit back, though.

Hmmm might want to get there sharpish and make sur e you've got the name of the muppet that told you that as they're up at £197 on their site or £222 with a game :unsure:.

I'm still confused by this. Should the green 3D light always be on? I assumed it would switch off when you pulled the 3D slider down to off.

I think it's notifying you of a 3D pic being displayed on the top screen. So when a non 3D source is displayed (e.g. an original ds game for instance) the light goes off.

I just called two different Currys stores in Plymouth. They're selling the 3DS with a selected game for £174. I made them double check, and they said yep they got the prices in this morning. I'll be heading there soon, so will confirm later. Both stores said they had plenty available. I called Toys R Us (who I have my preorder with) and they do price match, but only on solus systems and not bundles. They did say I can get my £10 deposit back, though.

Just called again, and the console is £174, but that is when you buy it with a game. I wasn't told that the first time I called. The games are £35, which brings it to just under £210. Same as Tesco, then.

That's any game they have in stock though, I'm getting it with Ghost Recon.

Well, mine is also 'Dispatching Soon' with an estimated dispatch date of yesterday, so I wouldn't take those estimates too seriously until they're updated after shipping.

Yeah, the 'dispatching soon' thing seem s a bit off. My console and games all arrived (in separate deliveries) early this morning, but amazon still says they're going to arrive on monday. Time travelling jiggery pokery, i reckon.

I'm happy with the 3DS.

Nintendo seem to have done the subtle thing again. With the Wii it was Motion Control, and now we have the first 3D machine.

I love it, the games remind me of looking into a shoebox garden :)

P9300690+(1f).jpg

the depth is great!

Best effect so far is on Nintendogs, closely followed by Pilotwings.

Ridge Racer is my other game, and it does what it says on the tin. I have no problem with the graphics.

the whole purchase could have been about 50 quid cheaper.. but it was worth it.

So, has anybody yet tried to run a Japanese or US cart on the EU model?

Tried Samurai Warriors Chronicle on my PAL 3DS and doesn't work. Tried all 8 of my PAL 3DS games on the Japanese model and none of those worked. Menu doesn't even acknowledge that there's a cart present.

I got told by Amazon today that mine won't arrive until tomorrow. I paid for expedited delivery to get it today as well, but that's been refunded now. I was pretty sure this would happen when the order said "not yet dispatched" at about 8PM last night, but the Amazon customer services people assured me that it'd still be here today. Balls.

I ventured out and got Pilotwings, love it but then i am a huge fan of the series!

The 3D is very impressive, you want to reach into the screen! The tech will never work for tellys in current form as the sweet spot is quite limited but overall the effect is very good!

Anyone mentioned that there's a 3D video demo available "For A Limited Period Only" on the Home screen?

Some of it looks good, other bits not so but overall I like the idea of 3D video and TV content :D

I got told by Amazon today that mine won't arrive until tomorrow. I paid for expedited delivery to get it today as well, but that's been refunded now. I was pretty sure this would happen when the order said "not yet dispatched" at about 8PM last night, but the Amazon customer services people assured me that it'd still be here today. Balls.

I wonder what went wrong at Amazon. Demand massively overstretching capacity (ie not enough monkeys around to put stuff in boxes and put labels on them)? I always thought they were pretty reliable.