Nintendo 3DS - first thread

So this morning my Amazon order says dispatching soon but yet still has an estimated delivery date of today. If they do get it to me today which does seem unlikely then I will be impressed. Hopefully my John Lewis order will turn up today so I can actually play on the bloody thing.

Special mention for my unsung hero so far: the telescopic stylus! [/nerd]

Oh and the hang gliding music in Pilotwings is :wub:

Second, I just wish it was in the side of the machine like the Lite and DSi instead of in the back like the original DS. And those who bought from a supermarket how much were they selling the games for individually?

Blue arrived Yesterday, couldn't open it as it's for my Son's Birthday Today...(I'd told him it was impossible to get one as they'd pre-sold out) he'll trip...the DS is his life. Pick my Black and games up this morning.

This and an FPS worth playing....What a great gaming week!!

whats splinter cell like?

worth a punt?

Worryingly there doesn't seem to be any Ubisoft reviews anywhere. Seems they knew that most of their line up was cack. I'd love Splinter Cell to be at least passable so I can get something a bit more meaty. Plus I like shooting people.

Still, Raving Rabbids is supposed to be out next week and that looks brilliant.

BBC Breakfast this morning announced it as the 'Sony Nintendo 3DS' :facepalm:

Then all complained the 3D made their eyes go funny, moaned it only did games and talked about the iPad2 instead.. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Cheers. It's gotta be 'Dad of the week' shit, surely.

It was bloody hard not opening it up just to sniff that new Nintendo smell....I caught a faint whiff through the gaps in the box...it left me giddy.

Side-stepping this thread for 24 hrs was bad enough.

Pretty knackered by the time we got to play around with this last night, giddy joy turned into tiredness induced horror when playing face raiders my face popped out the screen looking like Pazuzu.Should have tried the brilliant yet soothing pilot wings first (and I don't even want to mention the result from the picture mixing double camera app that I tried with me and the missus before the lights went out for the night).

Its here!

:omg: :OMG: :omg: :OMG: :omg:

Have spent the last half hour just messing with the pre-loaded stuff. It's amazing! I don't have a problem at all with the 3D, no sore head/eyes etc.

The system itself feels lovely and robust (like all Nintendo portables really).

I'm going to go through and add all the Friend Codes now - here's mine, add me :)

5026-4409-9124

A work collegue just got his out and let me have a play (oh err!!!).

Anyway, unit itself was quite nice. I had a go off street fighter IV. I could see the 3D straight away, although i had only been out of bed for 30 minutes and my eyes are always a bit crappy till an hour or so after i wake up.

Anyway, they kinda hurt a little and i got a bit of a headache now, but hopefully when i have another go later all will be good. I'll have to mess with the 3d settings i think.

chooch added.

Just updated the system and watched the video, pretty good, the flower came right out of the screen, woulda quite liked the ok go video though!

ah well back to the wonderment!

edit: Carleton my first friend online! YAY! It works.

:lol:

Not to be a parade pisser here but I'm so glad the hype isn't affecting me in the slightest. I'll just wait for some actual games to play and then score me a 3DS.

See, I said this initially, but I definitely disagree now. A lot of the launch titles are actually quite good (against all odds and initial appearances...)

It depends what kind of games you like, but you've got a couple of decent casual games, a decent racing game, a decent fighting game, a decent sports game, a decent strategy game, and a decent 'classic' nintendo franchise, which might be a little light on content but you can get it heavily reduced if you buy from Tesco. Then you've got the AR games and face raiders which are extremely fun to dick around with. It's certainly enough to keep you going a couple of months until Ocarina comes out.

Played RR for about 20 minutes in 2 sessions of 10 (before leaving work and on the train). Fucking headache both times. It feels like my eyes are straining too much, and this is with the 3D turned down pretty far. It'd better get better, like Morrius said.

Well, mine just turned up from amazon (although it still says 'dispatching soon' on the site!? ). No games yet, but i'm hoping they'll come along in the 'real' post later.

Will I be able to resist opening it before i do all my important work today?..... *tearing card open sound**

I imagine it's because your face is in a perpetual strained, angry frown.

Contrary to internet persona I'm not an angry, spiteful cunt. I'm not! :(

Am I the only one who's ordered from Play.com? That worries me... (and the bastard is still 'packing')

Good luck if there's owt wrong with it.

I went to my local GAME opening and the winning ticket was 12. I had 13...

:(

:) I share your pain. Winning ticket 441 and I was clutching 442! Even worse I nearly had 441 but paused to look at the display of games on offer for £24.99. What a plonker.

chooch added.

Just updated the system and watched the video, pretty good, the flower came right out of the screen, woulda quite liked the ok go video though!

ah well back to the wonderment!

edit: Carleton my first friend online! YAY! It works.

Yay! Nothing to play online though. Boo! ;)