IGNORED

Minecraft - Caves and Cliffs Pt. 1 update out now

RubberJohnny

The 1.02 Vita edition patch has finally gone live in the EU, downloaded it this morning:

Change log for patch 1.02:

- Fixed a crash on saving a game after resetting the Nether.

- Fixed an issue causing corrupt save data after Saving/Autosave and then quickly selecting Save and Exit.

- Fixed an issue with Save Transfer causing players to lose their inventory on re-loading the save.

- Fixed a graphical issue with the Nether Portal effect.

- Fix for Host Options settings not being saved after a Save Transfer.

- Enabled support for limited time Additional Content (Downloadable Content available for a limited time on the store).

• 2 weeks later...

Got the PS4 version for my 6 year old and he has become suitably addicted where everything on his Christmas list is now minecraft related, lego, action figures, posters, books, it literally consumes his every waking thought. Trying to manage his actual playing time like a sensible parent but it hes so creative with it and you can see his little brain going crazy with ideas every time he's on it.

Question though - how does online work in PS4? The 'Join game' option always comes up empty and I can only ever seem to invite friends and not randoms?

Also, I have caught the bug a little bit and took the plunge on PC. Although having really enjoyed the console version, I'm finding the crafting a real chore. Do I really have to memorise all the recipes from somewhere outside of the game? It's like going into some crazy hardcore mode and I'm still a total noob

Weird. I ordered the ps4 for my lump late last week, and then, last night, my (other) BIL, called for advice on the best version for his 11 year old girl

I said pc, he said no chance, because the lappy is for school work.

He asked about the vita version, but I've only seen the iPad version.

He has an iPad, but would need to buy a vita...

Any help guys?

I found the iPad [pocket edition] to be an awful port. But the vita version is the complete opposite and it my preferred version of this incredible game,

I can't believe Sony have not made a Vita/Minecraft bundle, would sell bucket loads.

Also was announced today that the vita is the best selling version of a Minecraft launch on any Sony device - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-17-assassins-creed-unity-launch-beats-black-flags-in-uk-chart

HTH

I played quite a bit of Minecraft while it was in Beta and around the v1.0 release, and haven't touched it for ages.

However, for some reason, I started playing again with the Direwolf20 modpack (which is amazing by the way), and at the same time my two boys have both got the Minecraft bug. It's now played on the house PC, the PS3, a crappy free version on the iPad.. everything.

Best version at the moment is PS3 in the living room with 2 pads. Great.

Best personal version is the PC version with a good modpack.

Best portable version is Vita, no question.

Yeah I had the server tech support look at it. There was a ticking loop to do with ars magicka which they updated and fixed then installed cauldron server Side to try help with speed. Unfortunately at theoment I'm having difficulties with the map itself.I've downloaded it but I'm not having much luck,

I finally tried this on Vita last night. I had never even seen a video of the gameplay.

Truth be told, I found it a bit underwhelming. I made a craft table, then a furnace, but all I seemed to be able to make in it was charcoal, then it got dark and a load of skeletons shot me to pieces.

If I turn the difficulty down to peaceful, will that turn the nasties off? I don't want to battle monsters - I just want to build things.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I just got Minecraft Pocket Edition for my Nexus 5.

Where do I start and what should I do?

I've seen the game in action, and I've seen some fantastic things, like working machines, engines, generators, portals and so on. Is that kind of stuff available on MCPE?

The "complete" Minecraft experience is only really on PC. This gives access to all the free mods. Just google for "Feed the Beast Minecraft" and you can take a look. There are some excellent packs of mods available now which are put together in order to balance efficiency and ease of use with increased difficulty in the game. Second after this are the console versions which contain the full game but don't have mods available (only paid for content/skin packs). Unfortunately, the Pocket Edition is sort of last on the list as it doesn't have support for mods etc. but also doesn't have some of the other parts of the game world (I think it's missing the Nether and the End areas?).

Pocket Edition is great for mucking around and doing some "vanilla" Minecraft construction, but nothing advanced.

The "complete" Minecraft experience is only really on PC. This gives access to all the free mods. Just google for "Feed the Beast Minecraft" and you can take a look. There are some excellent packs of mods available now which are put together in order to balance efficiency and ease of use with increased difficulty in the game. Second after this are the console versions which contain the full game but don't have mods available (only paid for content/skin packs). Unfortunately, the Pocket Edition is sort of last on the list as it doesn't have support for mods etc. but also doesn't have some of the other parts of the game world (I think it's missing the Nether and the End areas?).

Pocket Edition is great for mucking around and doing some "vanilla" Minecraft construction, but nothing advanced.

Yeah, I suppose it will do for starters.

I know there are more likely to be technical restrictions on mobile, but on my Nexus 5 it looks and runs superb. Given the huge sales figures of MCPE I had hoped it would get a bit more support.