IGNORED

Minecraft - Caves and Cliffs Pt. 1 update out now

RubberJohnny

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/13633493969/och-med-dom-orden-sa-passar-jag-micken

As of yesterday, Jens Bergensten is the new lead developer on Minecraft. He will have the final say in all design decisions, so he will kinda sorta become my boss, I guess. I’ve promised him to not pull rank. ;)

We’ve been working together on Minecraft for a year now, and I’m amazed at how much in synch we two are when it comes to how to design the game. And when we don’t agree, we discuss it and something much better comes out at a result. He’s truly a great person to work with, and I feel very confident handing over the leadership of Minecraft to him.

If you want to contact Jens, he’s on twitter as @jeb_, or you can email him at jeb@mojang.com

Personally, I will now rest for a while, then get back to work refreshed and eager. I’ll be helping out with Minecraft, of course, but also starting work on some new project.

Probably a good idea, the stress seems to be getting to him recently leading to silly things like the yogcast tweets.

I would imagine he has had more offers to do other stuff than you can shake a stick at in the past 12-18 months. He has probably (almost certainly?) been made a multi millionaire by the success of Minecraft and I guess now the game is actually "out" then this is as good a time as any to move on to something new. Good luck to the bloke.

I'm in the process to find our End Portal location, Using the Eye of Ender (Blaze Powder + Ender Pearl) to locate the hidden stronghold which hidden within is the End portal gate. I've already used 2 EoE (They break after 3-4 uses) And I know the General direction of the portal, But I don't know how far out I need to be.

If anyone has any Ender Pearls to spare, I'd love to have them to search for the portal.

Finally having a play with this - fun times. Today I dug out a big letter 'S' in the side of the cliff that I built my house into.

That's future proofing right there.

But, the shame, it was my girlfriend who signed up for the initial account we downloaded the game on, so I can't play on anybody else's server without my name suddenly becoming Alice. Which isn't great.

I remember the times when you just, you know, purchased and installed a game and then played it, whoever you were.

Anyone able to upload 1.0 somewhere so I can get it? I can't download it through the proxy at work but want to play offline.

If you can't download it through the proxy at your work then you probably won't be able to log in to the authentication server which you need to do one time before you are allowed to play offline... I think.

Just gonna play on my MBP!

I've mined really deep and found this stuff I've not seen before that my gold pickaxe doesn't even smash, what is it, something rare? Or the bottom of the map?

Gold pickaxe?

This is madness!

Finally got Minecraft working at work. Anyone know if I can move my save from Mac to Windows?

I think it should Just Work.

copy from here (mac):

~/Library/Application support/minecraft/saves/<whatever>

to (win):

%AppData%\.minecraft\saves\<whatever>

I imagine the Christmas rush of new releases has everyone busy with those. Skyrim, Dark Souls and all the indie bundles are certainly what's stopped me playing Minecraft recently anyway!

Yeah same here, I imagine I'll be on the server over Xmas though :)