IGNORED

Minecraft - Caves and Cliffs Pt. 1 update out now

RubberJohnny

Whatever new territory you generate will include the new terrain features, whether that's by creating a new world or walking past the edges of your current world. I intend to step into a Nether portal, travel a few hundred blocks, then hop back out so I'm in newly-generated terrain.

Whatever new territory you generate will include the new terrain features, whether that's by creating a new world or walking past the edges of your current world. I intend to step into a Nether portal, travel a few hundred blocks, then hop back out so I'm in newly-generated terrain.

Oh okay, that's good, and kinda exciting since it will mean I have to leave my little hub and go explore... :D

No, according to Notch this update is so significant that you will need to start an entirely new world to see any of the new stuff. Old worlds will still load, but none of the fancy new shit will turn up no matter how far you walk. Apparently.

No, according to Notch this update is so significant that you will need to start an entirely new world to see any of the new stuff. Old worlds will still load, but none of the fancy new shit will turn up no matter how far you walk. Apparently.

Really? That's the opposite of what I'd read.

How much is this again? And what kind of spec PC do you need to run it? I have only a basic Radeon video graphics card.

Anyway, everytime I see this thread the subtitle makes me chuckle. What's the origin of that?

God damn it mobile skin! Negged you while trying to reply. Sorry. It's €14.95. Lowest spec I've tried is my 1GHz, 2GB, Intel Mobile 450 netbook, and it's just playable. Any computer built in the past 5 years should play it I reckon. If you need to try the free version for a guess at performance, though the paid up edition runs a bit better now I think.

Anyway, everytime I see this thread the subtitle makes me chuckle. What's the origin of that?

I don't play but I've been following this thread for a while just watching people assemble shit, it's pretty awesome stuff. The subtitle is (I believe) stolen from a picture based on the game involving a creeper which is a blocky green zombie looking creature which when it sees you hisses and then explodes, killing you, causing you to drop the items you were holding at the time.

ST1pD.png

Ah. Well I'm sure we'll hear more this week!

I still think that New Mukville should be built away from the spawn point and nothing should be around the spawn point so that new spawners can get the authentic feel of starting the first time in a desolate area, although I would imagine over time it would become a wasteland of random mud huts used by previous spawners. We could have a few signs dotted around with random puzzle questions to lead the newbs towards the promised land.

I like this idea best. In town I'd like there to be above ground railways of some sort, I quite enjoy taking a minecart for a ride and just looking at all the stuff there, I've been building down south a bit and missed a lot of the stuff going up. If the rails were underground I'd never see half of it.

Looking forwards to the update, I've pretty much not gone on the server since it was decided to re-start; not really that excited to build when it could get wiped away in a week or two, is anyone else the same?

I like this idea best. In town I'd like there to be above ground railways of some sort, I quite enjoy taking a minecart for a ride and just looking at all the stuff there, I've been building down south a bit and missed a lot of the stuff going up. If the rails were underground I'd never see half of it.

If space is an issue in New Mukville (which I guess it is) we could always build the station underground and lift the rails out of the ground a bit further out town. Something like this:

===== ===== <--- rails
\\ New Mukville //
----------------------------------------------- <--- ground
\\========================//

(The sketch is awful but I guess it does the trick)

Edit: The exits from the ground could be automatic with pistons :eyebrows:

I was wondering if someone could help me:

I bought the game recently, and also bought a new laptop.

The game worked for about 10 minutes however now everytime i try and launch it doesn't even get to the Mojang screen and generates a hs_err_pid error document on my desktop. I've now got Java 7, the latest intel drivers for my GPU and have spent a long time looking around the web for a solution, but nothing seems to work. It's quite frustrating. It seems that the hs_err_pid could be any of a number of reasons, including GPU not being compatable properly with opengl, however i'm basically a layman when it comes to all this and anyone who may be able to help will be heartily thanked.

A creeper exploding not only makes you drop your items but also blows up and destroys the front of your lovingly crafted home/castle/keep/fast food outlet as you frantically try and get through the front door.

I think that has happened to everyone in some point in time :(

I was wondering if someone could help me:

I bought the game recently, and also bought a new laptop.

The game worked for about 10 minutes however now everytime i try and launch it doesn't even get to the Mojang screen and generates a hs_err_pid error document on my desktop. I've now got Java 7, the latest intel drivers for my GPU and have spent a long time looking around the web for a solution, but nothing seems to work. It's quite frustrating. It seems that the hs_err_pid could be any of a number of reasons, including GPU not being compatable properly with opengl, however i'm basically a layman when it comes to all this and anyone who may be able to help will be heartily thanked.

Have you tried deleting and redownloading?

Looking forwards to the update, I've pretty much not gone on the server since it was decided to re-start; not really that excited to build when it could get wiped away in a week or two, is anyone else the same?

It's the same feeling with Single player for me, I just can't put any more time into anything constructive (mining, building etc), so I'm just kinda messing around, planning what I'm going to build in my new single player campaign.