Minecraft - Better Together update now available

Well that was a bit soul destroying. After a few weeks of playing me and my daughter had created a few large scale houses and finally a mansion (on Survival mode) only for the game to crash this morning. On reloading the game and World it worked (for a bit) before crashing again and now seems permanently fucked, as it instantly crashes now when loading the world every time.

On Xbox and have cleared Cache, copied game World file etc and still nadda. Only thing I can think was we had the Lithos HD Texture pack and some character mods activated which may have caused the crashes (according to the Internet mods do cause some crashes). Start again, no mods in a new world, its a shame as that world had carried across from 360 through to Xbox One edition and onto Bedrock and was several years old (may have also contributed?)

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much, yeah. Though I can't speak for the infinite map option as I've generally only played previous console versions that were limited in size, but I never really hit that limit anyway.

Survival is a must unless you just want to exercise your creative muscles. Exploring caves and venturing out at night are nothing without the constant threat of spiders, skeletons and creepers.

• 1 month later...

You can switch to and from survival and creative....but...you'll no longer be able to get survival achievements on that world if you switch once you've switched to creative (and even after you switch back to survival)...but...you get your choice of topping...but the topping is also cursed.

Yeah, creative has its place but I never found Minecraft interesting outside of survival. Scavenging is very much part of it, being able to beam in 8 tonnes of diamond or whatever just gets dull.

I imagine if you were building massive creations it'd be different but building a cool castle isn't building a cool castle if you beamed in the stuff.

Its such a fun and relaxing games. My six year old is obsessed with it but only plays a on creative ass he is too scared of dying. 

My game is on survival, just found my first redstone last night :)

Yeah and that's one thing Minecraft has always done so well, to your 6 year old it's a lego set and he's happy with that, which is fucking great.

For you, building redstone things wouldn't be remotely the same if you hadn't obtained it the way you did.

And you're both having a tremendous time, perfect.

Shame Notch never finished anything else and then went mad.

Has anyone tried running the Java edition on a Pi 4? My kids are dying to play and make mods, but the specific Minecraft build they ship with the Pi is designed to run on the original presumably, given how limited it is. But you can install the Java edition. 

If it's decent, I'll fish out an old monitor and get them a Pi 4,rather than getting them a PC. 

On 31/08/2020 at 10:17, carlospie said:

Its such a fun and relaxing games. My six year old is obsessed with it but only plays a on creative ass he is too scared of dying. 

If he's on PC, and I think it works on the the xbox one version, you can change the gamerule "keepinventory" to true and when he plays in survival and dies, he keeps everything on respawn. 

On 31/08/2020 at 10:17, carlospie said:

Get him to join your Survival world and learn the basics of crafting a safe house (and bed), finding and growing food, identifying and defending against mobs and finally mining as deep as you can.

My daughter loves it but does struggle on her own (she is 8). We found an amazing mine under our house where she mined her first diamond. We haven't mastered the Nether yet, my portal took us straight out on top of a lava lake!

Is Minecraft regularly fucked? After months of it not working on my son's Switch, it did an update and worked again (same with on my daughter's aging Ipad)..but then after two weeks the Switch version is screwed again. 

8 hours ago, luth714 said:

Is Minecraft regularly fucked? After months of it not working on my son's Switch, it did an update and worked again (same with on my daughter's aging Ipad)..but then after two weeks the Switch version is screwed again. 

On the Switch, yes.

Official Minecraft VR coming for PSVR, if you ever wanted any confirmation Microsoft themselves won't have VR for the Xbox.

If it's anything close to as good as Vivecraft it's going to be popular.

5 minutes ago, luth714 said:

Jeez, how can that be? I don't understand how such a huge game, huge company and huge format can have a game that doesn't work...

It's mostly down to the huge save files, apparently.