IGNORED

Justified

russ

Yeah I've heard a lot of good things, I love Olyphant and Goggins but it hasn't been living up to the hype for me personally - so far. 

Just about finished the first season, I've enjoyed it but it hasn't blown me away though I'm curious to see how it pans out. 

I don't think Justified is one to blow you away; it's mostly a slow burn. I think it's also quite similar throughout and benefits from not binging too much. (None of this is intended as criticism - I think it's great.)

S1 is definitely the worst season as it was still finding it's feet and feeling out the kind of show it was going to be. After S1 it starts building the various characters and interactions and doesn't stop. It only gets better as it goes on.

• 1 year later...

After a brief hiatus I've finished season 2 tonight and started season 3, and I still can't believe how ridiculously good this is.  The characters, plot and dialogue are all just utterly perfect.  I don't ever want it to end.

• 1 year later...

Just watched six season of this in the last three weeks and now having massive withdrawals.

Some of the best TV I've ever watched and Olyphant and Goggins are simply sublime in their roles. Their chemistry and the writing for the pair was amazing and I could watch Goggins in anything I reckon - he just chews scenery like nobody else.

Great cameos from Gugino and Fahey through to Patton Oswalt's ongoing Constable (who seemed silly at first but they did a great job with him and grew him as a character). Sam Elliot was just brilliant also and I read an interview with Olyphant who said he was just pretending to be Elliot while playing Givvins! 

Raylan's ex-wife was a good character and just gorgeous - kinda freaks me out she is married to the guy played Keith from Scrubs!

I felt the final shoot out was a perfect ending that his last gunfight was with another cowboy and a proper stand off. Then the chat with Boyd at the end brought up so many emotions

In my top ten shows of all time.

14 hours ago, gospvg said:

If you have not already seen it then watch Deadwood which also starts Olyphant.

Love Deadwood. It's still in my top 10 also. Amazing TV.

Santa Clarita Diet shows his comedy chops really well also. Very different role but he is great in it.

• 2 years later...

Finally started watching this after noticing it was on Prime.

Just finished season 2 and it's bloody great. Feels like a very different show from the early episodes of season 1.

We're really enjoying the relationship between Raylan and Boyd. 

I've also reached the point whereby I feel like I have to have a whisky when watching the show. Just need to buy a bottle of Wild Turkey 🤓

5 hours ago, El Pibe said:

Just finished season 2 and it's bloody great. Feels like a very different show from the early episodes of season 1.

I've also reached the point whereby I feel like I have to have a whisky when watching the show. Just need to buy a bottle of Wild Turkey 🤓

The wife and I started a couple of months back, mainly due to such good word of mouth about it. She wasn't that enthused to start off with and we'd watch it every few days or so to her putting it on almost every night to watch in bed. We're halfway through Season 5 and I'm going to be very, very sorry to see it go soon.

5 hours ago, El Pibe said:

It keeps on getting better and better.

7 hours ago, El Pibe said:

I've also reached the point whereby I feel like I have to have a whisky when watching the show. Just need to buy a bottle of Wild Turkey

"Well don't it just cool it down and heat it up at the same time?"

• 7 months later...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/justified-reboot-timothy-olyphant-1235075243/

Timothy Olyphant is returning as as U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens in a new Justified limited series.

Confirming last year’s reports of a possible revival, FX announced Friday a new show titled Justified: City Primeval.

The story is inspired by Elmore Leonard’s novel City Primeval: High Noon in Detroit.

I’m so glad the we’re getting more Raylan Givens than Timothy Olyphant being wasted by being roped into a Star Wars series like everyone else who appeared for more than two scenes in season 2 of The Mandalorian, like some rumours suggested.