IGNORED

Bad Company 2 forum games

fattakin

Hmmm... I'll be home at 6ish but will aim to be there when you log in, definitely fancy some more rllmuk squad games tonight.

I'm going to take my medic to the next level tonight, no more kamikaze revives and no more bringing my squad back right in the middle of a crossfire without consent. Mike hates me for this :)

lol - yeah it is a fine line. It is made worse by the fact that if you died then most likely you have fired some bullets and then when you respawn in the middle of a firefight with the first action being you have to reload. MAG is the worst for this.

At end of day if you revive him and he dies then really the team has still only lost one ticket from the player's orignal death, it seems however people think it impacts their Kill Death ratio, so if keen on this can see it being annoying.

If you revive him and then he dies and you also die in the act of reviving then yes you have cost your team one more ticket by your loss of life.

Obviously if you revive him and he goes on to kill every last mofo on the map in an awesome display of military prowess then win win.

In the panic of battle it can be hard to make the call. I tend to wait when someone has got shot, see if I can spot the attacker or best casse take them out and then go in for the revive if I feel the situation is 'safe' in regards to other attackers. Not knowing how long you have to revive someone and given sometimes it is a panic to even find the body it can lead to some people taking the opposite side of why didn't I revive them - ho hum.

So yes can see both sides of the argument and in MAG you have the choice to avoid getting revived if you wanted - perhaps they could patch that in?

You can accept it yourself if you want - this was originally posted in the Discussion thread:

I decided to go ahead and create a Gamertag, seeing as the game's out soon: rllmukBFBC2

If anyone else needs to log in as it the e-mail address is the above 'tag @gmail.com with the password being, imaginatively, "password".

Incidentally the demo will stop functioning this coming Thursday, so if you're hoping to get some more games in pre-release then now would be the time.

I've had this since it came out but I've only managed to get a few games online. I keep getting booted out to the main menu mid game, or I keep getting told I can't connect to EA servers. Is anyone else still having similar problems??

I've had this since it came out but I've only managed to get a few games online. I keep getting booted out to the main menu mid game, or I keep getting told I can't connect to EA servers. Is anyone else still having similar problems??

I have had the above very very occasionally about being kicked mid game but maybe twice in 300 games. The not being able to join servers was much more prevalent in the early days, now it is more trying to find servers with a full compliment of players that is the issue.

Can't say the server connectivity is a particular issue on BC2 nowdays. Presume you have activated the VIP code as well?

It was fine for the first few days, then connection went. I have been able to play MW2 mp so I know its not my connection, but I'm going to reset my router clear cache and hopefully I'll get a few games tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

It seems to have cooled off somewhat now, but if you add rllmukBFBC2 to your friends list, you can generally see if anyone's about. From experience, there tend to be forumites around in the early evenings, and also later on around 11pm(ish).

I'll add you to my friends list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...