Portal 2

HarMGM

Is there anywhere that has the mp3s or anything of the commentary for Portal - without having to play through the game again? Tried looking online but couldn't see anything useful. Loving the one on the second so far, really interesting insight.

I have this on order from Amazon, but want to be 100% sure I get it in time for the weekend. Hmm. thinking about it, that means it has to ship tomorrow. Do Amazon usually ship before release day? Or am I better off changing my order to shopto, even though it is a few quid more.

MUST have this for the bank holiday weekend.

And finished. Wonderful from start to finish. I'll see you at the end of the week when people have had a chance to play it .

Same - played solidly from 10:00 to 18:00, and loved every minute of it.

Now, just to find people to try the co-op with...

It seems the dickheads are speaking on Metacritic...

From Eurogamer:

Despite bringing in some of the highest review scores of the year so far, the PC version of Portal 2 is taking an absolute battering on its Metacritic user score page.

Whereas its straight Metacritic rating currently sits at a very healthy 95, its PC user score average is a dismal 5.1.

Posters are rallying around four main complaints, with the game's online store apparently causing the most uproar. As detailed on Rock Paper Shotgun, Valve has included day one DLC that asks users to shell out up to £5 a pop for various non-essential cosmetic items and gestures for their co-op robot.

Secondly, many are complaining that the campaign is too short, offering only around four hours of gameplay.

Some are also arguing that the PC version is a straight port of the console version, probably prompted by a "Please don't turn off your console" message that appears when you save the game.

Finally, Valve's ARG Potato Sack ruse – which asked users to shell out for a bundle of indie games in order to help unlock the game on Steam before its published release date - seems to have backfired on them, with many laying into the marketing campaign in their 0/10 reviews.

"It's shorter than some internet flash games i've played, is loaded with day 1 DLC, and has a terrible port from consoles. The price is 900% what it should be for what essentially amounts to less effort than most oblivion mods," wrote one reviewer.

"Ridiculous DLC on day 1!" stated another. "And both endings have been spoilt virally by Valve. And while the console versions were leaked 2 weeks early, the PC version was still subject to the gimmicky grab for cash to allow for a faster unlock via steam. Is this going to be the future of PC gaming? No wonder that PC gaming is dying."

The PlayStation 3 version has also come under attack, with its user score currently at 5.4, while the Xbox 360 version has gotten off lightly, with a 6.6 rating.

While complaints about the DLC and ARG campaign are arguably valid, the claims regarding its length are hugely exaggerated, and that save screen message is likely just an unfortunate slip-up on Valve's part.

"There's simply too much game here for it never to falter – but it hardly ever does," wrote Eurogamer's Oli Welsh in his 10/10 review. "It's so generous and complete, so satisfying in each moment and in the whole, that a momentary lull, an overused mechanic or a cheap gag seem like trivial flaws."

Finished in just under 6hrs for me I think, amazing experience! Genuinely funny too.

• I loved the new test chamber items (gels, beams, bridges etc); perfect selection imo
  • I feel they could maybe have squeezed an extra hour in at most for the whole game being set in the labs. Perhaps they could have had different environments in the older labs?
  • Extremely polished game on the whole but the middle third in the old labs seemed a bit wonky at times. I know it's old, but it doesn't have to look so much worse!
  • Did anyone else think there was less of an emphasis on reaction time compared to the first? Maybe due to console gamers not being so quick with the aiming
  • One of the best beginnings to any game I've ever played and ending was similarly impressive.

This sounds like it's a little short :S

Valve were honest about 6 hours SP, 6 hours co-op. The co-op is completely different, not the same levels. 12 hours is pretty generous given the lengths of some games nowadays.

Also HLEP I am stuck on Puzzle in Act 6

Repulsion Gel with the jet of water - what do?

Yea, I'd say just over 6 hours, but my brain was wired portal-wise as I'd played the first the other day.

@RubberJohnny

Figure it out yerself! Take a break and come back to it or something :blah::)

P.S. Here's hoping someone remakes portal 1 to be as pretty as 2, should be easy I guess

Aww man, now I'm stuck on where to go afterwards! :lol:

Just done that section, took me a bit to notice the walls I need, they're well hidden at times. Loving it so far and genuinely funny as mentioned before.

In the extras the interactive Super 8 trailer is pretty good, wonder if we'll see more of that type of thing in the future. Only problem was I knew nothing about it or the film and the final sound is a lot like the combine, I got all excited for a minute before the actual trailer popped up. :lol:

and the part that took me a bit to find was below me, you can put a portal on the floor below. Then on the tower they'll be some portal ready wall right at the top, took me a bit to see it.

2011-04-19_00053.jpg