Portal 2

HarMGM

The only thing this game could have done with is harder puzzles, it's quite easy to zip through. I haven't touched co-op yet so potentially they have some real meaty puzzles in there.

Oh yeah and Stephen Merchant adds so much to the game.

From the sound of eurogamer/pc gamer/giantbomb reviews, it gets pretty intricate and difficult later on.

I can't stay mad at Valve for their marketing experiments gone wrong when they make things as wonderful as this. Valve :wub:

The only thing this game could have done with is harder puzzles, it's quite easy to zip through. I haven't touched co-op yet so potentially they have some real meaty puzzles in there.

Oh yeah and Stephen Merchant adds so much to the game.

Warning:actual spoiler

I'm only on Beta Area, but it strikes me that I've spent more time trying to navigate between "test chambers" on the underground section than actually doing them. I agree about Merchant, perfect fit for the dialogue

Yay! an actual new Valve game actual new one!

Days like these don't come around very often, last time was L4D1. That really had the taste of a brand new game from Valve. :wub:

...unlike L4D2 which was more of an expansion really, but still high levels of excellence.

I'm up to chapter... five or so? I think? Some of the puzzles have had me stumped until it suddenly clicks, but of course mileage may vary.

It's amazing. Very, very funny. Can't wait to play more of it, but I've got uni in the afternoon and then a gig to go to in the evening. I'm not prioritising Portal 2 above that. :D

It's split up into Acts, it tells you when you've changed. Check your quicksaves :P

Some of the puzzles have made me laugh out loud, as has some of the dialogue.

Cave Johnson :wub: reminds me a bit of Saxton Hale, but less crocodile punchy

UBER MEGA HYPER SPOILER. Seriously. I dunno if someone's let it slip already, but it was news to me so seriously, spoiler.

Act 6

Seriously, I'm not taking the blame if you click this

Really, last chance.

I just found where the Borealis was built. It's hidden away. I wish I'd finished Ep 2 before starting this :(

Valve new releases come along so rarely that I go from worrying if its going to be ok to knowing its going to be amazing and worrying that I will consume all its lovelyness in a few days and then have another 6 year wait for the next one.

Have pre-ordered it from Zavvi just now in the hope they can ship it soon.

You'll be needing one of these: :hug:

Zaavi are cheap, but that's about all they've got going for them. Conversely, if you can stomach the price hike, Game online have never let me down when it comes to getting stuff to me. Amazon and Shopto are decent too, but they all have their off-days.

Zaavi though... well I hope you've got a decent backlog to keep you entertained whilst you wait for your order. :(

Well, I've got just about enough to tide me through the month if I buy the pack outright - if you can guarantee that you'll send me your half come payday then I can grab the two-pack now and you can pay me at the end of the month.

Wow this is very generous!

Only just saw the PM you sent which I've now replied too. Hopefully you haven't already broken and bought the game :P

Have pre-ordered it from Zavvi just now in the hope they can ship it soon.

Anyone else had any luck with them?

Would have used Shopto but they didn't deliver any earlier for Black Ops :(

Mine was shipped earlier. Never failed to get to me on release day or before over 30+ orders :)

Two chapters in and this is unbelievably brilliant. The intro, and Stephen Merchant, I found very slightly grating, to be honest, but then you

get reunited with Glados (is this really a spoiler...?) and it's like coming home. The fat jokes, the... the everything. There are no words.

Warning:actual spoiler

I'm only on Beta Area, but it strikes me that I've spent more time trying to navigate between "test chambers" on the underground section than actually doing them. I agree about Merchant, perfect fit for the dialogue

Yeah that's the weakest part of the game. Setting and atmosphere is really good, but its loses the normal flow that Portal has so it seems to drag on through that part.

Would like to add to all the praise so far played chapter 1 and it's brilliant. Would like to say that for those waiting for copies to show up give the first game a playthrough as it really help's to have it fresh in the memory for when you start playing this.

Would like to add to all the praise so far played chapter 1 and it's brilliant. Would like to say that for those waiting for copies to show up give the first game a playthrough as it really help's to have it fresh in the memory for when you start playing this.

I concur!

I went straight from finishing Portal 1 on Sunday to playing though P2 chapter 1 this morning and it was all the better for it.

Amazing dialogue in this game. Valve have outdone themselves. No spoilers, but still... just incase...

I couldn't help but buy some stuff in the store for the co-op robots. WCC skin & beanies. Very cute.

Arrgh don't scare me about Zavvi!

Should I cancel and try to order from shopto...?

Hmmm

I just ordered from shopto. I've never used them before so I'm taking this with a big pinch of salt.

aes9ee.png

Pretty impressive though. Unless it's a massive lie.

Up to Chapter 3 now - what a great game this is. So great in fact that I am glad there was no Half Life announcement to steal its thunder.

Love the bit in Chapter 3 where you find (probably best you don't look unless you're on Chapter 4, as it happens a little way into the chapter)

that Wheatley is still alive and he starts yabbering his survival story at you, but you can only catch parts of it as you're consistently failing to get sprung high enough to reach him :lol: