Portal 2

HarMGM

Its killing me at the moment but my work PC where i download steam games before backing them up and brining them home to my gaming PC now has portal 2 installed and ready to play. And i have to sit here looking at it til i get home this afternoon! Argh!

Interesting to hear that the Co-Op is actually a sort of sequel to the main game. It has always been my intention to play the Single-player first anyway, but I like that the intent isn't to chop & change between the 2 which I would probably have felt inclined to otherwise.

The whole thing is so beautifully designed. Everything. It's just so fucking awesome. Like:

I think it's Chamber 19 or so and you have to redirect 3 lazers using 2 refraction cube things and the portals. It made my head hurt enough, but when you get the lazers to where they need to be it plays ambient music, but it doesn't sound like ambient music. It's so difficult to explain but it's fucking awesome

Also: the soundtrack = :wub:

It's pretty damn fantastic so far, so well designed and the bits of humour in the incidental dialogue. Reached the third chapter so far.

When GlaDos says something along the lines of "I may even re-animate the dead in my spare time".

OMG! L4D/Portal/Half-Life crossover!!!11!!!

:D

Is it 6pm yet?

7 hours 9 minutes to go.

:(:omg:

Edit: and I have no idea how late I'll be back tonight, I'm going to record some music and the time that can take varies massively from session to session. You're lucky that you at least know at what set time you will be able to play. I might not get back until late in the evening or even past midnight. Dammit I'm goign to try my best to do everything in a single take and then bugger off back home back to my beloved Portal 2 :lol:

Recording music? very cool dude! I'm a musician too! Awesome stuff, I miss recording and would probably rather be doing that than playing any videogame!

sorry gone OT.

On topic: I get what you're saying but this is Portal 2 man! If it was just me then I'd just do it some other time but I can't let the other people down - and I was the one that suggested Tuesday the 19th in the first place! Dammit :lol:

The only thing this game could have done with is harder puzzles, it's quite easy to zip through. I haven't touched co-op yet so potentially they have some real meaty puzzles in there.

Oh yeah and Stephen Merchant adds so much to the game.

Well, it should be decrypted by now and I stocked up on Guinness and Duvel (Belgian beer) so that's tonight sorted. Roll on 8pm :)

I have Leffe 9% and Gulden Draak ready for tonight in the fridge. This game more than deserves a special beer - really looking forward to properly playing it without any distractions and a proper glass of Belgian beer :D

The game is waiting for me on my PC at home for when I get out of work, so I have to ask myself: why the hell am I in this thread? Up to now I've managed to avoid watching any videos or reading previews, apart from a quick co-op intro. It's so rare to play something knowing almost nothing. Argh.

I'm up to chapter... five or so? I think? Some of the puzzles have had me stumped until it suddenly clicks, but of course mileage may vary.

It's amazing. Very, very funny. Can't wait to play more of it, but I've got uni in the afternoon and then a gig to go to in the evening. I'm not prioritising Portal 2 above that. :D