Portal 2

HarMGM

He didn't know it had an ending song. I imagine he said "thingy" so as not to spoil it for anyone else if Morrius decides to edit it out of his post.

But it was even announced

who was doing the song by Valve themselves

He didn't know it had an ending song. I imagine he said "thingy" so as not to spoil it for anyone else if Morrius decides to edit it out of his post.

Same thing really. I have avoided all the trailers, previews, screenshots etc etc and even I assumed it had that. I mean the only way you wouldn't know is if you had never played the first one. I would have been surprised not to mention disappointed if it wasn't in there. Fair enough that people want avoid spoilers, I'm avoiding them also, but I for example also assume that the game features a portal gun and I wouldn't get angry if someone accidentally mentioned that there is a portal gun in Portal 2.

Eh? I truly don't understand. How is knowing that a spoiler exists on a particular website a spoiler? The problem is, people are labelling the videos as other things and spamming them out on forums via PM, or in IRC/blog comments sections etc. You won't know what it is you're watching until it's too late.

If you're talking about the existence of the song itself, it was mentioned numerous times in interviews and previews over the course of the last year or so, you'd have to have been in media blackout mode since Portal 2 was announced to not know this, and even then it sort of goes without saying that there would be one.

I completed Portal 1 again today before the release of 2, on 360 this time... as first play-through I did it on Steam. It was particularly entertaining getting the achievements again, including the silly 300 feet or whatever it was.

Was still heartbroken at the end though =( Have many seen the different updated Valve ending for the Steam version? I preferred it over the older one (which I saw today on Xbox)

I'm tagging that incase anyone gets testy in the fury of spoiling, even though it's for the first game... :facepalm:

Is it a significantly longer game than the first one?

If you consider the length of a game a spoiler, don't click

I think it took me 6-7 hours, but this time will obviously really depend on how quickly it takes to solve the puzzles, I only got stuck on one so would consider that a quick playthrough.

While I dodge spoilers - I don't suppose there's anyone left in the known world who still hasn't pre-ordered Portal 2 and fancies going halves on the 2 pack on Steam? If so, drop me a PM - I'll not be checking this thread too often because, well, I'd rather not accidentally read anything spoilerific, like :D

What's included in the retail release for this?

Portal was absolutely fantastic but I would have been a little miffed if I'd had to pay full whack for it alone (say the usual £40 for an Xbox game).

I don't want to get into the old argument over game length vs game quality vs game price but was just wondering what sort of modes and options this game includes to justify the new full-game price. I haven't really been following the development of this game at all.

Portal was absolutely fantastic but I would have been a little miffed if I'd had to pay full whack for it alone (say the usual £40 for an Xbox game).

I don't want to get into the old argument over game length vs game quality vs game price but was just wondering what sort of modes and options this game includes to justify the new full-game price. I haven't really been following the development of this game at all.

2 campaigns, single player (supposedly about 2.5x longer than Portal 1) and a co-op campaign (again, about 2.5x longer than Portal 1).

It's got an 8-hour SP mode and a circa 15 hour co-op mode. So, lots of awesome game.

I've been keeping track of this thread over the weekend and it's been very entertaining. I'm also proud of all the people who played those wretched Dejobaan games on behalf of everyone else!

AAAAAaaaAAAah... is great, you bugger!

I guess nobody wants to split a two pack then. Well, fair enough, I waited far too long to ask :D

Will the two pack be available come the end of the month, or is it just for pre orders? I'm broke till pay day so will have to wait till then before playing Portal 2 :(

If anyone else is in the same boat and wants to split the pack on the 29th of the month let me know!

AAAAAaaaAAAah... is great, you bugger!

I guess nobody wants to split a two pack then. Well, fair enough, I waited far too long to ask :D

AAAAAAA is definitely the best, the others were infinitely torturous.

I'm not actually sure what their other games in the list are (I never bought the potato pack, I just have AaaaaAAAaah anyway). IIIRC that 1,2,3... game is theirs, what else?

Will the two pack be available come the end of the month, or is it just for pre orders? I'm broke till pay day so will have to wait till then before playing Portal 2 :(

If anyone else is in the same boat and wants to split the pack on the 29th of the month let me know!

Well, I've got just about enough to tide me through the month if I buy the pack outright - if you can guarantee that you'll send me your half come payday then I can grab the two-pack now and you can pay me at the end of the month.

I'm not actually sure what their other games in the list are (I never bought the potato pack, I just have AaaaaAAAaah anyway). IIIRC that 1,2,3... game is theirs, what else?

These fetid abominations

They probably look a lot more fun to play than they are :D

The first one is old and the second one is still in beta, to be fair. But the potato challenges in both were quite annoying. (I know, I know, I didn't have to get them).