Portal 2

HarMGM

It never even occurred to me this would have a Demo, but it would make sense if Valve really are trying to get as many people as possible into it, rather than just relying on the Portal 1 fans buying it as a matter of course.

Heads up, Portal: Still Alive is 600pts today on XBLA.

Well worth picking up if you've only ever played the base game on one of the two consoles, if you've got it on PC you might as well not bother considering you can get the extra maps for free on PC IIRC.

Well worth picking up if you've only ever played the base game on one of the two consoles, if you've got it on PC you might as well not bother considering you can get the extra maps for free on PC IIRC.

Can you get the map packs on Steam? I tried out Portal:First Slice just to see if the game could run, but even though I discovered it could I haven't got around to getting the full version yet as I don't intend to play Portal 2 on Steam & therefore don't really see the point of buying the standalone game that i've already played inside out on the PS3. Having access to the map packs would swing it, but afaik the Steam version is just basic vanilla, which seems odd in light of Valve's support for extra content.

So is it a bunch of extra rooms then? How many? Are they good?

So is it a bunch of extra rooms then? How many? Are they good?

It is several challenge maps. They are the same maps as the original test chambers but with various alterations so as to make them more 'challenging'. I just polished them off on 360 the other night - with a little help from some YouTube videos, I must confess. Got to be worth 600 points - I spent more than that and I didn't feel bummed in the gob.

Can you get the map packs on Steam? I tried out Portal:First Slice just to see if the game could run, but even though I discovered it could I haven't got around to getting the full version yet as I don't intend to play Portal 2 on Steam & therefore don't really see the point of buying the standalone game that i've already played inside out on the PS3. Having access to the map packs would swing it, but afaik the Steam version is just basic vanilla, which seems odd in light of Valve's support for extra content.

Wait, is it still the case that getting the PS3/360 version of Portal 2 will also allow you to get it on Steam? I'd forgotten about that part because it seems a bit too good to be true. It is definitely confirmed right?

Yet your mind may not be.

Thinking with Portals tied my Brain into enough knots as it was. Now we'll have to think with 2 sets of Portals, Gels & all the other extra twists & expansions to the Formula that a few years of extra development will add?.

My Brain may just melt out of my ears. :wacko:

Oh fuck you Gerbik. I am getting Yakuza 4 tomorrow.

No problem, glad I could help :D

You're the second person on the forum blaming (thanking) me for selling Yakuza 4 to them - and I'm not even trying, just being genuinely enthusiastic about a game I love!

Edit: I just checked and you're the same dude - you sure took your time between deciding to get it and actually buying it! :lol:

It wasn't too short, it was... perfection.

Games that are perfect don't leave me wondering where the other 10 levels have gone.

Anyway, it's funny reading all these auto-fanboy responses (protect the sacred game's reputation!), but we can see from Valve's response (a much longer sequel) that the people at the top agree with me more than they do you.