rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
toythatkills

BBC 6music isn't closing and is awesome!

A BBC man has said "no plans" to the idea of rebranding 6 as 2 Extra. I know that doesn't mean much but it's worse than a "no comment".

If you haven't already, it's worth going to bbc6music.info and following their instructions for letting the BBC Trust know through the proper channels that people aren't happy about this.

WINRAR! Common sense has prevailed.

Let's face it, though - the BBC Trust had to back down. "The case for the closure of 6 Music had not been made..." That's an understatement, as every single argument for the closure was shot down in flames and overwhelmingly factually proven to be utter bollocks in about 30 seconds.

People power!

I'm very pleased with the Trust's comments about Radio 1 & 2 as well. The BBC should be doing stuff the commercial sector can't or won't (like 6 Music, Radio 4, BBC Four etc.) rather than just pumping out glossier, advert-free versions of the commercial channels.

Not at all surprised, but very pleased.

I am surprised that the report actually emphatically pointed out how and why the proposal to close 6Music was bollocks, from what is quoted in the news it sounds like they weren't impressed. As you say, shot down in flames and utter bollocks.

Usually U-turns like this (yeah I know the Trust didn't suggest the closure, but it's still a sort of U-turn) are a bit more vague and wishy washy about their reasons.

And as a special bonus treat Adam Buxton was on C4 news tonight and revealed that Adam and Joe will be back on the station later this year!

:quote:

And as a special bonus treat Adam Buxton was on C4 news tonight and revealed that Adam and Joe will be back on the station later this year!

:omg:

The real treat was Jon Snow getting in on some Stephenage

:omg:

Hmmm. I like my collings and herring fix on a saturday morning...

I thought he was shifted to Saturday morning? Either way, getting him the fuck out of a weekday slot is the best thing they could have done, the insufferable cockney wankstain.

BBC "We're shutting down Radio 6."

Lamb "I'm off then."

*leaves*

BCC "We're saving Radio 6."

Perhaps they just couldn't afford his redundancy settlement.

Yes Lamb is not someone I'd want to be sat on a long train journey next to, but he plays some great tunes.

Also, really glad 6 is saved. Maybe the Guardian will start sticking it in the Guide now?

Hmmm. I like my collings and herring fix on a saturday morning...

As much as I like collings and herring I'd take a&j over them any day.

Radio 6 continues its transformation into 1996 - 1999 era Radio 1. This isn't necessarily a complaint, it's just strange that so many old Radio 1 folk are now pottering around 6music.

Hopefully, they'll bring back Radio Tip Top and Alan Parker - Urban Warrior.

• Upvote 1

Radio 6 continues its transformation into 1996 - 1999 era Radio 1. This isn't necessarily a complaint, it's just strange that so many old Radio 1 folk are now pottering around 6music.

Hopefully, they'll bring back Radio Tip Top and Alan Parker - Urban Warrior.

Yeah....can only be a matter of time until the return of Cheesily Cheerful Chart Challenge, and Mark & Lard are back together. Their respective shows will now only be separated by a few hours.