Seabass promises PES 2011 'overhaul'

Bleeders

What platform is everyone getting this for? I was going to get the 360 version but I'm thinking I wont be able to patch the teams on that so I should get PC. But then no other sod will have the PC version to play online against.

What platform is everyone getting this for? I was going to get the 360 version but I'm thinking I wont be able to patch the teams on that so I should get PC. But then no other sod will have the PC version to play online against.

You could patch the 360 version of PES 2010 after Microsoft started to allow USB sticks to be sued as memory devices. Pretty sure this is the same for 2011. Keep an eye on http://winningelevenblog.com/

Apparently also, your edited kits/team names etc also show when you play online :ph34r:

You could patch the 360 version of PES 2010 after Microsoft started to allow USB sticks to be sued as memory devices. Pretty sure this is the same for 2011. Keep an eye on http://winningelevenblog.com/

Hurrah, 360 it is then.

I gave the PC version a go and it's just as good, but I'd rather know I'd be able to drop into an online game and know people will be there to play.

Is the option file for the 360 version the same as it was back in the PS2 days? Where guys have spent an age editing everything in game. So kits look close to the real thing, but are still done using in came resources. Or have they been done like on the PC?

Any more opinions on the final game anyone?

Still 50-50 as to whether I should go and get this today.

I love it, it has that old PES feel, where you can just pick it up and have a good time. Each match so far has been decent and I have seen a nice variety of goals.

It is PES so the the commentary is crap :wub:

The animations can be a bit clunky at times.

It does however play a good game of football, whereas FIFA is trying to be as realistic as possible and recreate the the game digitally. Pro Evo 2011 feels like how you imagine football to be, each game feels like an extended hightlights main game from Match of the Day and overall seems to have a lot more action.

Is the option file for the 360 version the same as it was back in the PS2 days? Where guys have spent an age editing everything in game. So kits look close to the real thing, but are still done using in came resources. Or have they been done like on the PC?

I'd assume in game, but don't quote me on that.

Another thing I noticed, on the http://www.pes2011.com website.

post-7560-092419300 1286535446_thumb.jpg

1-8 players?! Is that 4v4 in system link or online? Anyone know?

From Konami:

Hey PES Fans, the first DLC for PES 2011 is out now! This download updates the player roster files completely, while clubs that qualified for the UEFA Champions League Group Round, will be added to the game’s dedicated mode. A number of team kits have been updated, four more licensed boots have been incorporated. Please have a look on our photos! Furhter DLC content is planned. Daniel, PES-Team

Looks like I'm starting Master League today then! :omg:

From Konami:

Looks like I'm starting Master League today then! :omg:

No, that's from their facebook page. The guy running that has obviously fucked up as he also announced earlier that the DLC is coming on the 12th. All the PES sites are reporting 12th, as is Jon Murphy. Don't believe it. But 12th is still good.

I assume so, it was this way last year with the PS3 v PC update - PS3 is ingame edited with sponsors badges etc added, the PC version is full texture editing.

Any more opinions on the final game anyone?

Still 50-50 as to whether I should go and get this today.

Honestly, I think it depends if you can get on with Fifa. If you're happy with Fifa and you enjoy it then I think you may find that the superior option. This is far from perfect, but it does have that magic Pro Evo feel to it, like the old days, however if you're used to 11 v 11 online and all the online stuff from Fifa this will probably disappoint.

If you're more interested in the Career/Master League side of it I think this is definitely superior. The Fifa Cereer mode provides no challenge from an attacking AI point of view and the Career mode is buggy as fuck.

This year it's down to opinions as to which is best on the actual playing side of things... Personally I prefer this to Fifa 11, which in my opinion is admirable from a technical aspect isn't actually very much fun to play.

Also, if there are any other PC chaps out there would anyone be up for some online? Having a young Daughter I'm probably not the most reliable and I have no idea if I'd be shit or amazing compared to you lot, but if anyone fancies it... If there a few of us we could arrange a league or something?

Cor, the shooting is much better than the demo.

Played my first game as Spurs against Werder Bremen (come on, as a Spurs fan you have to) on professional difficulty, which I think is too easy and will be bumping up to top player for the next games. Went a goal down from a header delivered by a freekick really early, but pulled it back with a tight angle thunderbolt from Defoe that the keeper couldn't hold which fell nicely for Lennon to tap in. My second goal was a beautiful curling half volley by Huddlestone from just outside the box - an exquisite finish, I must say, that the replay of was saved instantly.

Greenzone bug is definitely still present, at least on proffessional difficulty nobody wanted a piece of Bale on the wing, and this needs to be fixed A.S.A.P before they even start worrying about pink Nike boots for DLC (I'm going to play a few Top Player games to be sure so I don't prematurely start crying.) The commentary is still poor but Beglin is about a thousand times better than Mark 'SHOUTY' Lawrenson. The ball physics from ricochets and some deflections is still ridiculous. As someone else also mentioned on here, the replay camera has been broken and is worse than before.

Passing is much better and the shooting even more dramatically so. Both feel so much tighter than the demo, there are less 'floaty' shots/passes happening all the time. Tackling is sometimes hit and miss, with that 'who won the ball, oh me, no wait, hang on, er' situation still popping up at moments you really don't want it to.

Early days, sure, but this is the best PES on 360 and PS3 by far. That's not glowing praise given its history this generation, I know, however it is the game that PES 2008 should and could have been if they had got their shit together when their rivals did. It's not perfect by any stretch, this feels like a much needed reboot for the series and a solid base to build upon.

Hell, I'm just glad I've got a footy game to play now. ^_^

No, that's from their facebook page. The guy running that has obviously fucked up as he also announced earlier that the DLC is coming on the 12th. All the PES sites are reporting 12th, as is Jon Murphy. Don't believe it. But 12th is still good.

Yes that was from FB. DAMN!

Have been playing online master league mostly so far, have sold pretty much all of my squad apart from the best 11, and bought three fairly good players. Have noticed that you don't get a lot of money for winning single matches, so earning cash could be quite a slog...

How's everyone else getting on with this mode?

Have been playing online master league mostly so far, have sold pretty much all of my squad apart from the best 11, and bought three fairly good players. Have noticed that you don't get a lot of money for winning single matches, so earning cash could be quite a slog...

How's everyone else getting on with this mode?

Haven't played MLO yet but apparently the big money's in competitions.

Haven’t tried any other modes yet but this game really kicked my bottom on Top player last night; it’s absolutely devastating on the counter attack at times. A lot of it was of my own (un) doing, I admit, I haven’t completely got to grips with the passing yet. There were times where, through bad habit, I would lazily play a risky pass that in previous games would not be a problem but in this would end up in no mans land and then usually intercepted by Malouda or Drogba for a clear run on goal. The A.I attacks how I want to but I don’t yet have the ability (I hope) to pull off those sweeping ‘pass and move’ one-touch counters by playing into space with perfect timing and range.

What speed is everyone playing on?

I’ve knocked it down to -1 and it feels a lot better. The animations, although still a bit wonky, look and flow better and the whole thing plays a bit more natural. +2 must trigger Benny Hill music instead of commentary or something. Speaking of which, Champion and Beglin keep talking over each other towards the end of games, resulting in a clusterfuck of clichéd garbage spewing from my speakers. It’s a really annoying bug.

I never play any sports game unless I have the commentary off and my music streaming in the background. The commentary seems to have gotten worse, with the description of play and repetition, but better in the actual delivery, probably because Lawro isn't there...But yeah ignore the commentary for a more enjoyable experience.

I always miss it if it’s not there, even if the delivery and repetition is awful, as it adds to the atmosphere as background noise, I guess. It also serves as a delivery vehicle for most of the in-jokes with friends when playing local multiplayer.

My favourite from PES 2010 was, “He’s slotted it away” just after a defender has hoofed it 50 yards up the pitch.

Why does it still feel like you're running between two rails? Really disapointing and a 4/10 at best...it's just so smoke and mirrors, it holds your hand and offers the illusion that you're in control but I've scarcely felt less so in any game, ever. It's a shame as the Wii versions have been great - sure, the engine is extremely dated but the fantastic control method really offers an interesting experience.

They need to give Seabass and co their P45s and get the Wii team on the 'main' games.

It would appear that online is not a case of who can score the most goals, but who can actually perform the most rainbow flicks. WAY too powerful, and far too easy to pull off. I'm not an abuser myself, but it seems pretty common.

Started to enjoy the one player game actually, more time with it has improved it no end, but it lacks polish. The ball has more than it's fair share of unnatural moments and the animation is just weird at times. The whole thing feels just a bit too automated, but despite this I'm enjoying it far more than I ever thought I ever would a PES game again.

Next years WILL be the real deal!

It would appear that online is not a case of who can score the most goals, but who can actually perform the most rainbow flicks. WAY too powerful, and far too easy to pull off. I'm not an abuser myself, but it seems pretty common.

I haven't seen one, but I've been playing mostly MLO.

EDIT: Oh and there will be a fix to make the rainbow flick more difficult in the near future.