Neil Young

larrydavidsanger

• 8 months later...

I saw him for the first time at the O2 last month, simply mind blowing!! Ramada Inn was probably the highlight, and i thought i didnt like that song much before hearing it live!! Like a Hurricane encore was amazing too!! Lots of angry people on twitter etc who were annoyed at the tour, too much self indulgence with feedback and extended jams, what do you expect when you see Neil with the horse though? The man is just a genius :)

Surely he's been doing it long enough to do what the hell he likes.

I'd love to see him do nothing but an extended jam!

Saw him when I was about 14 with Crazy Horse and was floored. Thought my Dads music was boring old fellas.

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 21/07/2013 at 00:56, Mammas_Boy said:

How are people surprised when he jams out with the horse? They are famous for their thrashy extended jamming.

Some people... I could listen to it for hours.

Chevrolet off the new album is a banger. The rest of the album is based on melodies he whistled walking his dogs, then the write the lyrics in two days then got the band in Rick Rubin’s studio to do in a few takes on tape.

https://youtu.be/rm4BD3igH8o