rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Sarge

Call of Duty: Black Ops - *Multiplayer Thread*

The connection indicators are very strange in this game, I've had a few tonight where the entire lobby has had a '4 bar' connection but it's been a mix of UK and US players and, obviously, the connection was nothing like what it claims to be. I think we have iPhone 4G syndrome here.

I've barely noticed any lag in the Wii version - you used to have to lead your shots slightly in Reflex, but that's all gone now.

Was playing against 3 Americans earlier who all had headsets and appeared to be using pads from the awkward way they were moving and their crap aiming. They got pwnnnned.

Christ, look at the team he was playing against. The team selection in this puzzles me, I was in a game earlier against a 1st and 2nd prestige and 4 40+ people, my team had nobody above rank 20. Balance!

Always resisted online games but fancy giving Call of Duty a shot. Do I want this or MW2? Do I need a strategy guide? Do I want a pair of these Turtle Beach montrosities?

Thanks for inviting me last night Mr Numpty, much appreciated. Sorry if I was rubbish and bring the team down, it was my first go online last night and I was getting used to maps and guns etc. Still haven't found a good enough gun for me yet although I unlocked the Famas last night so might give that an extended go.

Look forward to having some more games with at some point!

I'm starting to get to grips with the maps but I'm still sucking hard. I think I need to buddy up with some Mukers.

Always resisted online games but fancy giving Call of Duty a shot. Do I want this or MW2? Do I need a strategy guide? Do I want a pair of these Turtle Beach montrosities?

Black Ops would be a better introduction than MW2, I feel. Neither game is as good as Call of Duty 4, however. I'd be happy to play any of them with you and be your personal strategy guide, providing you play on 360. :)

Thanks for inviting me last night Mr Numpty, much appreciated. Sorry if I was rubbish and bring the team down, it was my first go online last night and I was getting used to maps and guns etc. Still haven't found a good enough gun for me yet although I unlocked the Famas last night so might give that an extended go.

Look forward to having some more games with at some point!

You were doing perfectly well in the games that we played :)

That match with you, me, Sutom and Mr Numpty where we hammered the other team (I think it was on Grid) was brilliant - everyone racked up a decent score, and plenty of useful communication.

I'm starting to get to grips with the maps but I'm still sucking hard. I think I need to buddy up with some Mukers.

Rolling with a team of friends is always preferable I find.

I'll be around tonight from 10:30/11:00 if you're about, I'll send you an invite. Anyone else is welcome to join too. It would be good to get a full 6 together for some TDM goodness and maybe some Domination too??

it's funny, it seems more lethal than gunship, tho maybe I just suck with that one, and the times I've got 11+ killstreak I've not used it until near the end of the match anyway.

Gunship severely outclasses Chopper Gunner. One player with a Strela-3 on his back will take down a CG before it reaches the map. The Gunship requires several people attempting to bring it down to be stopped.

You were doing perfectly well in the games that we played :)

That match with you, me, Sutom and Mr Numpty where we hammered the other team (I think it was on Grid) was brilliant - everyone racked up a decent score, and plenty of useful communication.

Rolling with a team of friends is always preferable I find.

I'll be around tonight from 10:30/11:00 if you're about, I'll send you an invite. Anyone else is welcome to join too. It would be good to get a full 6 together for some TDM goodness and maybe some Domination too??

Thanks for being kind. I'm not doing bad at shooting folk but I do tend to die quite a lot. I think its a case of getting to grips with the maps and learning the ins and outs etc. If I'm on tonight then I'd love to join up again for some more games, any other night too infact!

Chopper Gunner on Jungle is just bloody Lethal. :twisted:

Yeah I had a good run last night on TDM, managed to get something like 20 kills with 3 or so deaths and then got Chopper Gunner. Wheeee!

The other team almost instantly collectively quit- game over, no migration.

:rolleyes:

it's great that practically no-one is running anti-air.

Me & Hoodedclaw are the scurge of the sky's, anything that goes up comes down within seconds. :sherlock:

Trigg, you're most welcome. As PhilG said, you did fine and we have no expectations anyway. Hell I sucked badly in a couple of those games, even went 0.50 in one I think. It's just nice to play in a team helping each other out with enemy locations etc.

Anyway, thank you Treyarch for forcing me to play objective games to get my Ninja Pro. Genius move. I usually never play them but I've had a couple of games of S&D now and am loving it. Definitely going to play all modes now instead of focusing on any one.

I didn't notice any improvement in the spawns last night but very glad to hear they're looking at it and hopefully it'll continue to get better.

I'm up for some objective stuff on this, just feels so much more rewarding. I think with 4+ people on playing TDM is such a waste. Could even come up with Headquarters tactics, one person jamming, another on nova gas, another on claymores etc.

GT: Timmmmo

I just wrote a long reply to this but somehow deleted it, without the ability to undo it :facepalm:

In a nutshell - Get Halo Reach. It actually bothers to match players based on skill and experience. Something the COD games have never done. They just throw you in with any fucker. Only rarely in Halo Reach will you get a massively unbalanced game. It's also noob friendly in that it takes a bit more to be killed, given the nature of the Spartans and the game dynamic.

I'd say as far as COD goes, get MW2, and get BLOPS once they fix what is, by all accounts, a fucking massive mess of a spawning system.

In a nutshell - Get Halo Reach. It actually bothers to match players based on skill and experience. Something the COD games have never done. They just throw you in with any fucker. Only rarely in Halo Reach will you get a massively unbalanced game. It's also noob friendly in that it takes a bit more to be killed, given the nature of the Spartans and the game dynamic.

Yeah but on the downside, you've got to, y'know, play Halo. :eyebrows:

Haven't had time to read Swallow's team tactical thingy in the online folder yet but going to head there now. So who's up for it? Let's get over there, get some teams organised and do this thing!

Yeah but on the downside, you've got to, y'know, play Halo. :eyebrows:

:P

I miss playing with you Numpty. I feel like I'm the only one swearing my arse off in games now :(

I wouldn't say Halo is noob-friendly (apart from the TrueSkill matchmaking, of course), really. The skill-gap is massively bigger than CoD. Watching top-level Halo play is like watching a totally different game to the one I know. Watching brilliant CoD play is like watching me but 5% better. Halo is more difficult and vastly deeper, not things newbies would like too much.

I wouldn't say Halo is noob-friendly (apart from the TrueSkill matchmaking, of course), really. The skill-gap is massively bigger than CoD. Watching top-level Halo play is like watching a totally different game to the one I know. Watching brilliant CoD play is like watching me but 5% better. Halo is more difficult and vastly deeper, not things newbies would like too much.

But that's it. Because TrueSkill Matchmaking is so good, you won't be running into pro players until you're ready (with the odd exception).

I know what you mean about vastly deeper, but it's got a great learning curve.