Splinter Cell Spies Vs Mercs! (Xbox 360)

Next sessions: Monday 25 Jan, 9-10 & 10pm onwards

========================================================

OK, this has come about through the Splinter Cell Conviction thread, where a number of people have expressed interest in getting some old-skool Spies Vs Mercs action on. We'll be looking to kick this off in the New year, and hopefully get some semi-regular sessions on. Post here if you want in!

Note: if you want in, the game only costs about £5 on eBay.

Confirmed players:

- Tobert

- Miner Willy

- Manic Minor

- Stroker Ace

- Wincho 09

- Schnibbles

- Humdrum

- Themomentbefore

- Double O

I won't have my xbox over Christmas but maybe we could try to ressurect Spy Sunday and go with a Sunday 3rd Jan? (obviously you can play before then!)

I will fish out my copied tonight and try it on the 360 to make sure it all works ok.

Really excited about getting back into this, nothing like since :)

I found the old Splinter Cell tournament thread here: http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=87392

And here are a couple of classic fuck-ups from mine and Manic's match reports...

The worst bit was when I was being chased by a Merc, and thinking to sacrifice myself, I decided to run through a laser mine with him behind, taking him out and leaving the way clear for Manic. I slowed down just enough and ran through the wire. It was a poison mine, and death followed quickly. What a penis.
I'm just recalling (with some glee now) that grenade I fired into the machine room in the factory in an attempt to muller them. All I hear "....wait...wait, that's me you bell..." and with that turphino is silenced as the whole room goes up, oil drums n' all!!

Fabulous stuff :)

Such a great game. Let's do this!

Test it out last night and all seemed fine, played a 4 player game on aqua and it seemed pretty much perfect.

its amzing how much you forget so I would suggest we vote on a couple of maps and people have have a wander around them to refamilarise themselves before we play proper. That or we go in complete cold and have a comedy game of spies vs mercs as everyone tries to remember the controls

I've updated the first post.

Stroker Ace has said he wants in, so hopefully we can get a few lessons from him before he remembers what a bunch of inept fuckwits we all are.

Naw, dude. I've been out of the game for as long as anyone.

I'm not posting here or even checking the forum regularly - was lucky someone alerted me to this at all, in fact - so if a game's on, shoot me a message over Live and so long as I have a bit of notice I'll be there.

Looking forward to it, SRSLY LOL.

I will back from the folks on Saturday so shall we try to get the first game Sunday night? also what are thoughts on maps? my preference is keep it to a couple of maps and my chooses would be museum and aqua. If we choose early then we folks can have a run around the maps before kick off

I will back from the folks on Saturday so shall we try to get the first game Sunday night? also what are thoughts on maps? my preference is keep it to a couple of maps and my chooses would be museum and aqua. If we choose early then we folks can have a run around the maps before kick off

I'd love to say I'm in, but Sundays usually aren't great for me, so I'll have to play it by ear.

OK so Monday:

tobert

TMB

MW

Schnibbles

10pm kick off, aqua map?

Everyone cool with that?

Game on. Remember that the compulsory tutorial will take a few minutes to complete. BTW, Humdrum and Wincho both have the game now (maybe Manic too), so we may get more than four - although it would be best if it were either four or eight. Schnibbles - please post in here to let us know if you have it or not.

Oh, and if anyone goes into Vs mode and keeps getting a black screen with an error message (Press A to restart. Will update on next Sign On, or something similar), here's what you do:

1) Go to dashboard and delete anything relating to Chaos Theory. (Mine had stuff just from trying to start it a few times, so worth checking)

2) Log out of your profile.

3) Start Chaos Theory, go into Vs Mode, and now download the update.

I found this online and it worked for me.