IGNORED

Worst Looking Games Consoles

Lothar Hex

needs a game genie with sonic and knuckles then another sonic game on top.

Game Genie with Action Replay with Sonic & Knuckles with Master System Convertor with MS Action Replay with Sonic Chaos on top. You mean.

What was the reasoning behind the numeric pad? What could possibly have benefitted from that :blink:

There were game specific plastic overlays that could be inserted to sit over it, showing what function the buttons did in game, inevitably they got lost.

It was just so shit

Yeah here you go, it looked like this

2733204084_69efd3fdb6.jpg

There were game specific plastic overlays that could be inserted to sit over it, showing what function the buttons did in game, inevitably they got lost.

It was just so shit

Yeah here you go, it looked like this

2733204084_69efd3fdb6.jpg

I love how the music button has "music" printed under it, as if no-one would be able to work out what the musical notes meant, but yet the other two - which are not obvious - don't have any explanation beneath them.

Also, didn't some games use the numeric pad for the main controls?

But this is turning into "most shit controller ever" rather than "worst looking console".

that a CD-i?

What the fuck's with the giant stick sticking out of the dpad? nasty. I assume you had lots of fun playing zelda on it.

Oh yeah, did I ever :lol: They were actually terrifyingly impossible. I had two of the three Zelda games and they were both rock hard, completely unbeatable. And hilariosuly shit, obviously. Just... why. The animated, cartoon cutscenes were at least a little bit of a novelty back then, as rubbish as they were.

I never had that mental looking pad though, I had to use the rubbish remote with the analogue stick (probably why all the games seemed so damn hard, thinking about it.) There was one game I really enjoyed back then though, a lovely little platformer called

. It was a massively cute and child-friendly affair, but for some reason had half-naked anime women sprawled throughout. Just great. I also remember convincing my dad to get me The Voyeur or whatever it was called, some game where you spy on women. It was absolutely awful though, and a bitter disappointment.