IGNORED

Best Looking Games Console...

myoozikk

Guys - I don't think I've ever really seen a great looking console. They're just plastic injected boxes with electronic stuff inside. It's the games that are beautiful.

Yeah, they can have charm though. DS Lite is probably the least embarassing-looking console I've ever seen.

Definitely this version of the Megadrive I. Some crazy fools aren't keen on the persian red and blue, but with that massive gold, shining 16-BIT it's goddamn regal.

Mega_Drive_ja.jpg

Oh god yes. There was something about having that circular design around the cart slot, it said - this is some serious shit here. And the asian/JP version looked much better than the crappy PAL/USA version. Blue button or GTFO

99% of consoles look ugly to me.

I used to love my Panasonic Q, but as someone mentioned it hasn't aged well. I do like how shiny it is though.

That Sony PSX looks fab. A black one designed like that around the PS3 would be a great looking console. I'd like more consoles to look like typical AV kit. The 360 and PS3 are too curvy.

99% of consoles look ugly to me.

I used to love my Panasonic Q, but as someone mentioned it hasn't aged well. I do like how shiny it is though.

That Sony PSX looks fab. A black one designed like that around the PS3 would be a great looking console. I'd like more consoles to look like typical AV kit. The 360 and PS3 are too curvy.

also the GFs

20090912_026.jpg

amstradmegapc_smd_03.jpg

I know the Mega CD didn't exist when that came out, but was there any way to connect it when it did arrive?

Yes, I had one - I even had The Lion King for it! There was an expansion port on the back, or side, I'm not quite sure; it's been over 13 years - but you could definitely connect it up.

It's interesting to see a picture of one after all this time; I'd practically forgotten what it looked like.

Out of interest, as it had a VGA output, has anyone ever looked into whether or not it has a better output than a standard MD console on HDTVs?

This was a sexy little thing as well

ngpc-1.jpg

The clear and aqua versions of that are wonderful little devices "in the flesh".

You could debate it forever, but I think it probably is the Wii. Very sleek build, perfect size and the blue light tops it off. If the graphics looked as good as the console, more would side with it. The grey stand could perhaps do with a revamp, though.

Ms1v1.png

Thats gave me a lotta fun, but its gotta rank as one of the worst designs ever short of an Xbox or 360. Its simply an inverted black brick.

The MD was good - better then i remember actually. It has details that i like.

But nothing is as stylish as a PS3. Its the least "Toy" looking thing out there. The Neo Geo has a certain style too.

For me it has to be the Black DS Lite. :wub:

black_ds_lite.jpg

So lovely, but available in other colours & designs too should 80's Black not appeal to your tastes.

The reason the DSi is disqualified is because those camera's ruin the Lite's smooth lines IMO.