MW2 Multiplayer Discussion

Right, so. First time player to a CoD game of any sort, though not a stranger to multiplayer fps in general. Anyone either willing to give a brief nub rundown of how to get started, what mode to play etc or is there a handy link somewhere? :)

http://levelingdown.com/2009/11/13/a-newbi...-2-multiplayer/

http://www.brighthub.com/video-games/conso...cles/55903.aspx

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/modern-warfare...057/c-1?newest=

http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/200...ultiplayer.html

I've only read the top one. I'm still shit!

Even if there is little difference it's all about feel. I liked the holograhic sight on my famas but find it annoying on the acr so just have a red dot instead. I'm still a bit unsure about the javelin, I am sure it can be powerful but i've yet to find a time to use it for any great effect without getting shot.

I don't fully understand the Javelin but I've seen one launched against a warehouse and kill both of the people inside the warehouse so it's certainly useful.

As far as grouping with various sights goes, I don't see why someone actually couldn't get a couple of mates together and test the guns on a suitable MW2 firing range, any wall with a fairly clean texture and a maybe a doorway for scale when stood way back.

PS: That chart is immediately invalidated by them calling the FAL a FAIL. Cheeky barstards.

The Stinger has been doing some weird shit for me recently, mostly just completely spazzing off and flying in fucking circles before flying out of the map, this is without flares and after a lockon, it's fucking annoying. Earlier today it flew through a helicopter, went straight up in the air then changed it's mind, did a 180 and came back and destroyed it! Mental things.

Had a similiar thing the other day. Harrier swooped in to save the day from the evil Pablo-Pavelow, Someone hit it with an at4, then it fired its missile which neatly stuntlooped round the chopper before lancing into the harrier and taking itself out.

I had a nice moment in Deathmatch last night. One of my team mates was shot loads of times and fell down into the ‘Last Stand’ flat on his back animation. 2 opposition guys had the drop on his and were about to kill him but I had the riot shield so I sprinted in front of him, shielded him and beat them with my shield until he was able to stand up and run to cover.

I should be on tonight, have come across a few times where i receive an invite but am already in a party, may i suggest the following:

If someone sends you invite and have a party already send back the number of people you have (i.e. you and two friends send 3 back) and if room send another invite?

Just a suggestion but feel rude ignoring invites but then again disbanding a praty to join another that only has space for one is kinda like giving the middle finger to my previous party....

• 1 month later...

Well, first post time, might as well throw it down in the MW2 thread.

Has anyone ever found a Nuke in a drop crate? I've never had one and find it hard to believe that some people enter a game having 25-kill Nuke as one of their killstreaks. It's pretty wasteful, but admirably ballsy.

Also, I've always failed to settle on which weapons and perks I like best. It changes every day, but I think I've finally settled on an ACR > Bling Pro (Red Dot & Silencer) > Stopping Power Pro > Ninja Pro > Semtax > Flash Grenades. The accuracy of the ACR is awesome and although it's weak as hell, boosting that up with the stopping power works a treat. I'm doing some spectacularly awesome killing lately. Lovely lovely assault rifles.

Well, first post time, might as well throw it down in the MW2 thread.

Has anyone ever found a Nuke in a drop crate? I've never had one and find it hard to believe that some people enter a game having 25-kill Nuke as one of their killstreaks. It's pretty wasteful, but admirably ballsy.

Also, I've always failed to settle on which weapons and perks I like best. It changes every day, but I think I've finally settled on an ACR > Bling Pro (Red Dot & Silencer) > Stopping Power Pro > Ninja Pro > Semtax > Flash Grenades. The accuracy of the ACR is awesome and although it's weak as hell, boosting that up with the stopping power works a treat. I'm doing some spectacularly awesome killing lately. Lovely lovely assault rifles.

The highest drop you can get in a crate is EMP so those guys are either good or boosters but either way they have nuke as a killstreak. The percentage chance of any given item being in a crate varies depending on if it's a care package drop or emergency care drop. If I can find the link to those stats I'll edit this post.

I :P the ACR. I'm almost at 70 and if I prestige I will miss it loads.