rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
j.m.ratkos

The RROD thread

And it happened :D

3 red rings...week before I'm off on holiday for three weeks of gaming!!

CUNTS!!!

My wife and I were witness to this.

Phelan was showing her some of the games (she especially liked Pinball) and then he decided to show us the Bioshock demo.

And that was it.

Red ringed.

My wife swore that we must of looked at it the wrong way or something. When tales of wrapping towels around it came out it reminded me of the voodoo around loading games from tape based systems and how you just knew if you didn't walk near the machine or if you had the tape player plaved a certain way you'd avoid the dreaded 'load error'.

Still, the misses is warming to the 360 idea although she did say "I guess we'll need a new TV as well for it."

Result!

Mine's dead. I might just buy a fucking new one. Save the aggro. The "repaired" ones seem to keep breaking anyway.

Do what Phelan did. return it to the place of purchase. Not sure what it's like in the UK but in Australia it's the store that has to chase it up with MSoft, not the purchaser.

posted in wrong thread ....

mine RRoD'd today and I'm furious. Just before Christmas as well with 360 games coming.

I'm in two minds on whether or not to get another one, but MS don't deserve my cash for such a shoddy product.... but I don't want to go until January without one. I've got 360 games coming for christmas.

I've been console gaming since the Mega Drive came out - and I've never, EVER, had a console break on me. I've still got a first generation old style PS2 as well and not a peep.

what a pile of shite. I might just buy a PS3 out of sheer spite.

I've had a PSOne die on my, although to be fair the CD drive gave in after thousands of hours of use. (This was back in the lean days and it was doubling as our CD player.)

The RRoD issue is still making me hesitant. MS need to sort this out, it's no wonder Nintendo is winning at the moment.

if it weren't for the fact that I love Oblivion so much but can't be bothered restarting it - and that I've got the HD/DVD add on with a pile of HD-DVDs... I'd be seriously tempted to punt all my games and pick up a PS3 instead. I know some folks are on their 4th console - but, now this is happened, I've lost all faith in the thing. Any other time of year, it wouldn't be such a big deal - but folks have spent their money getting me some 360 games for Christmas and I can't play them. ahrghghghahrghhghghrghrhgrhghrghaRgARAERH!

My Wii's been running twice as much as the 360 and I haven't had a peep out of it.

DAMN YOU MICROSOFT.. DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!

No problems here. In fact, I had a look at the "games played" list on one of them, and it seems like the game with the most time since last play was Amped3, so I spent some time, earlier today, playing it and actually figuring out the progression structure.

Well, seeing the map on an HD display helps, doesn't it?

No problems here. In fact, I had a look at the "games played" list on one of them, and it seems like the game with the most time since last play was Amped3, so I spent some time, earlier today, playing it and actually figuring out the progression structure.

Well, seeing the map on an HD display helps, doesn't it?

Sean from the way you keep jinxing yourself, I'm guessing your 360 is going to shatter the first disc that goes into it on Christmas Day, erase your Live account, format its HDD and China Synrome its way through your carpet.

Yay! My 360 is back just in time for us to spend some quality time together to celebrate our 2nd Anniversary together. :wub:

About 2 1/2 weeks since they took it, quite impressive.

UPS collected my 360 on the 7th of December. I phoned up microsoft on tuesday and asked them if they know when I'll get it back. The woman on the phone said "Oh it's ready to be shipped back to you" and created a tracking number and said phone UPS after 48 hours. It has arrived home today.

A 13 day turnaround is not bad. I Haven't been home to test it yet, fingers crossed it's fine.

I think if you phone Microsoft about a week after your 360 has been collected by UPS and ask them where it is, they put your 360 to the front of the que.

I got mine with a mobile phone deal (don't start, I did the maths!) so I'm considering buying an Elite on Saturday, and then selling my repaired core system when it returns and I've had a chance to do a data swap.

Y'see, I was planning to use it to watch many HD vids and play many games over Christmas. THAT LITTLE BASTARD!

UPS picked mine up today, it's been freezing for about a week and I've been waiting for constant 3 red rings before getting it picked it up. I've had it 2 weeks short of 2 years, never had a problem with it before last week.

I am the last person I (personally) know to have their 360 die. So out of these 9 people, every single one has now had to send their 360 back for repair. The unluckiest sod is now on his 4th.

My brother's died yesterday - I really feel sorry for him as it's the worst time for it to happen. I told him he can always come over to ours for some 360 goodness in the meantime. :)

That's not to say it hasn't rekindled fear about my own 360 - I mean, I got mine not too long after he got his, and my one was preowned, which doesn't bode well. These days I'm just waiting for it to kick the bucket, and contemplating alternatives should it do so...

Okay. So whilst trying to trounce times on gripshift - my graphics went all funny (lots of hori lines and funny colours). Upon rebooting i got a system error.

Now its okay. Is it dying?

Yeah, its them lines and weird colours again. Shit. Thats Christmas fucked.

I suppose the only saving grace is no games are coming out until January but i was about to use that time to play Bioshock. Which is still in the case.

Okay. The processor is clearly getting hot as i've left it for a few minutes and its okay for now.

Its quite horrible this eh? Kinda like everyone watching you die as you report it. :)

I remember when that happened to me PSP. :(