IGNORED

Films with small groups of isolated people

fragglerock

Not sure it quite fits the bill, but I watched a film called Rogue last night, an excellent creature feature from the guy what did Wolf Creek. It's kind of a darker, less campy Lake Placid, and stars Radha Mitchell, the now-ubiquitous Sam Worthington and Michael 'was in something else good I've seen but I can't remember what' Vartan. Some nice effects, beautiful outback photography, and a couple of really tense sequences. As someone who found Wolf Creek just a little too nasty, this was an enjoyable ninety minutes of well-made monster horror.

Dog Soldiers??

Also (for bad movie buffs) - Demon Island - aka Piñata: Survival Island:

Teens trapped on an island are haunted by a demon hidden inside...a pinata.

'Starring Buffy's Nicolas Brendonn and Jaime Pressly from DOA\My Name is Earl

Mindhunters with Val Kilimer directed by Renny Harlin.

"On a remote island, the FBI has a training program for their psychological profiling division, called "Mindhunters", used to track down serial killers. The training goes horribly wrong, however, when a group of seven young agents discover that one of them is a serial killer, and is setting about slaying the others. Can the few that are left figure out who the killer is in time?"

includes a scene of dogs sitting on the wing of a flying boat looking really unthreatening that made me lol.

Much as I hate the ubiquity of CGI, the decision to use none whatsoever here meant that the dogs always looked unthreatening. In fact, so bland and annoying were the 'students' that I was rooting for the dogs all the way through.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have we had this one yet? It's called Exam and features eight people put into a room to take a test. When they turn over the pages of their papers it appears they're blank....Is it more about what wasn't said than what was? Out soon apparently.