IGNORED

Ray Winstone in 44-Inch Chest

Hello Goaty ♥

Looks like your usual fare,

A group of blokes headed by the betrayed husband, kidnap his wifes younger lover..

movie_8438_poster.jpg

My mate watched a preview of it, and says its okay but uses the CUNT! word a little tooo much.

Not suprisingly, Ian McShane is in there too.

Colin (Ray Winstone) is devastated when his wife announces she's leaving him for a younger man, and when we first meet him he is sprawled drunkenly amidst the wreckage of their final argument, as Nilsson's 'Without You' loops in the background. This virtuoso opening really sets the tone for what follows, aggressive and maudlin by turns. Colin's motley crew of old friends (John Hurt, Ian McShane, Tom Wilkinson, Stephen Dillane) rally to his aid, though their plot to kidnap the lover and push Colin into taking revenge is misguided in conception and inept in execution. A provocative and darkly funny study of masculinity at its most troubling, 44 Inch Chest gives the actors full rein to explore the male ego pushed to its limits, and this wonderful ensemble certainly rise to the task.

44_inch_chest_02.jpg

44-Inch-Chest_l.jpg

I dont see a Trailer for this anywhere, and the official movie site isnt up yet!

any other info?

• 1 month later...

joanne_whalley_maid_outfit.jpg

Joanne will always be remembered for her role as Nurse Mills in The Singing Detective. She went on to work in feature films such as Scandal, Willow and Navy Seals. More recent roles include Tess in Child of Mine and Queen Mary in The Virgin Queen.

I would.

• 1 month later...
joanne_whalley_maid_outfit.jpg

Joanne will always be remembered for her role as Nurse Mills in The Singing Detective. She went on to work in feature films such as Scandal, Willow and Navy Seals. More recent roles include Tess in Child of Mine and Queen Mary in The Virgin Queen.

I would.

She was also the groupie in Pink Floyd: The Wall (the scene with One Of My Turns, where he smashes up the hotel room).

This ain't no Sexy Beast, though. It's fun, and held together by a strong cast (John Hurt bickering with Ian McShane is laugh out loud funny) but is a bit thin on actual story.

It reminded me of Glengarry Glen Ross but with out the completeness. It plays out like half a movie, tops.

• 7 months later...