IGNORED

The Europa Cup

Petey

Contenders from Leagues One and Two battle it out for glory!

This is the thread for the Season 19 League Cup and I am the Cup admin. The first round is live on the website now so please go and have a look to see who you are playing.

Match setup

14 min match to be played.

Home team hosts.

If the match results in a draw, the away team is to host a 14 min match with extra time and penalties on. The winner of that second match would then go through.

Semi finals to be played over two legs with Away goals counting double in the event of a draw

Match arrangements/reporting

All match arrangements should be made via this thread or PMs.

Matches are now reported on the website, once reported you can't change these so please make sure its correct before entering.

Also, although we are now reporting on the site, everyone like to read the stories that go along with the stats so please continue to write up your reports in this thread.

Please note: Unless you have a good reason, all ties not played by the deadline will be decided by me. There will be no extensions. The effort to get a fixture played will decide who goes through to the next round, if neither party has made an effort the decision will go to a coin toss.

The deadline for round 1 is Sunday November 1st.

Any questions/problems/issues then let me know otherwise Good luck!

Scratch, sorry I never replied to your message on Live last night, but I didn't really have the time to play last night. I also don't have FIFA for the next couple of days so I will get back to you when I can play! :)

No problem, let me know when you're available again, I'm on almost every night.

AJAX CRUISE INTO ROUND 2

(ASM)Fulham 10.gif1-4 80.gifAjax(Nathan)

After a long close season and taking a new job abroad, manager Nathan was ready to go. His first test would be in the Europa cup against a familiar opponent in ASM and his new team Fulham. The first half went underway with both teams scared to commit and really drive forward. This made it a tense and nervy half with only a few chances shared between both sides. It wasnt until added time in the first half that the best chance came. A very neat through ball was latched onto by Pantelic whose powerful shot cannoned off the crossbar. Fulham cleared it away to take the sides in at half time level.

The second half started off with alot more attacking football from both sides, and it wasnt long until the breakthrough came, when a defensive blunder from Fulham let in Pantelic to slot it past Schwarzer. Pantelic doubled his tally less than 5 minutes later when he found himself one on one with schwarzer, who came off his line to close down the striker, only to see the ball fly over his head and in the net. It wasnt long after that when a cruising Ajax scored again, with Pantelic running one on one and slotting the ball across to Suarez who side-footed it into the open goal. Fulham needed a quick reply to be in with a shout to come back, and they got one. A hurried back pass caused Maarten Stekelenburg to come out and meet it, only to slip when coming into contact with the ball, a relieved Andy Johnson picked up the loose ball and slotted into the open net. Ajax replied instantly from the kick off, an Emaulson through ball to Suarez who smashed it home to make it 4-1.

A connection blunder then occurred, causing the game to end early, and both parties agreed to play the final 10minutes of the game, with nothing coming of it.

1255557_orig.jpg

Suarez celebrates his second and Ajax's fourth goal

great game Allan, was quite tight until the second half when the first goal went in, good luck with the league this season :)

AJAX CRUISE INTO ROUND 2

(ASM)Fulham 10.gif1-4 80.gifAjax(Nathan)

snip

Confirmed, I had a bit of a torrid time of it last night with my new team. I picked Fulham blind and only played my first match with them last night right before this match. Hmm, I'm thinking I might have made a bad choice. As soon as Nathan took the lead I switched to a slightly more attacking setting, and my team feel apart and the goals started flooding in.

I'm going to need a serious amount of practise and formation tinkering before our rematch in the league if I'm going to put up more of a fight.

Cheers for the game Nathan, good luck in the rest of the cup

West Ham 2 - 0 Sampdoria

siread v Dr Slotter

West Ham progress to Round 2 after a reasonably comfortable win over Dr Slotter's Sampdoria. The first half was fairly uneventful bar a couple of chances for Carlton Cole that went begging. Kieron Dyer got the break through on 51 mins and whilst Slotter got some shots on target it was clear that he was a little rusty and needs some more games under his belt. Jimenez made the result certain for the Hammers on 86 when he got fortunate with a penalty box mix up from a corner.

article-0-0405AC3E000005DC-645_306x423.jpg

CFTGs mate. ;)

Fixtures Remaining:

(Espanyol) DangerM vs Alshie (Schalke)

(Hamburger) Goldbricker vs Hereticboy (Sporting Portugal)

(Hoffenheim) Harbey vs OneDaveBamber (Sunderland)

(Galatasaray) JaminTastic vs AlfromSleep (Fenerbahce)

(Marseille) Scratch vs *Chin* (Palermo)

(PSV Eindhoven) Shoes vs Billy Brown (Stuttgart)

You have until next Sunday (1st November) to play these fixtures.