Parks and Recreation

roskelld

I liked Ben's "reaction" best.

But then...Ben :wub:

A very good episode I thought - and everyone had a moment to shine. Loved the fact that Andy was total sincere about winning a million toys. A Ron's smackdown on the wheel was great.

Brilliant news about the new season, is this season still a full 24 after it being a mid-season replacement? Or have they cut it back.

And yeah, the Little Sebastien bits were brilliant. It's such a happy show except for the bits with Gerry. Tom was particularly mean to him over losing LS.

I dunno, I kind of get the Gerry thing. It's like starting a new job - there's always that guy that everyone's mean, to, and you're like "Why's everyone so mean to Pete?" and then by a year later, after Pete's annoyed the fuck out of you and fucked up loads of your work, you kind of start to think he really deserves it. TBH I never really forgave Gerry for the death of DJ Rhumba.

Thanks ever so much to the folks on here that mentioned Parks and rec in the Community thread. Ive seen every episode now, one after the other, all just under 24 hours and its seriously one of the best shows ive seen in a while. Ive hurt myself laughing so much :)

As awesome as Community has been, there isnt enough of it, so ive been trying to survive off how ever many episodes get aired monthly, all the while trying and failing to substitute the time in between with Big Bang Theory, which isnt even remotely funny anymore.

So thank you, this epic show would have probably passed my by otherwise.

Thanks ever so much to the folks on here that mentioned Parks and rec in the Community thread. Ive seen every episode now, one after the other, all just under 24 hours and its seriously one of the best shows ive seen in a while. Ive hurt myself laughing so much :)

As awesome as Community has been, there isnt enough of it, so ive been trying to survive off how ever many episodes get aired monthly, all the while trying and failing to substitute the time in between with Big Bang Theory, which isnt even remotely funny anymore.

So thank you, this epic show would have probably passed my by otherwise.

I've done the opposite and started watching Community after it was mentioned in here. Not at your pace though! Is that 37 episodes or so in a day? What a marathon!

I went through season 1 and 2 over the space of a week a couple of weeks ago. I have to say that I nearly gave up after the first season as I didn't see it going anywhere but the 2nd season was a big improvement and I'm pretty hooked now.

Yeah, great episode. It's a testament to how well written and acted these characters are that the whole thing came off as sweet and heartwarming rather than overly schmaltzy.

Also, Aziz Ansari's stand-up special Intimate Moments for a Sensual Evening is very good indeed. The audio version is on Spotify if you fancy checking it out.

I watched season 1 over the past couple of days and I really enjoyed it. It does remind me a bit of the Office. I especially love the awkward moments when Leslie looks towards the camera with sort of uncomfortable smile. From what I gather most people seem to think it's poorer compared to season 2 onwards. Looks like I'm in for a treat then. Ron and Tom are probably the favourites for me so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Two episodes this week and two episodes next week to round out the series. They're definitely on to just how amazing a character Ron is (and how incredible Offerman is in the role) by now and could easily have pushed too many Swanson-centric plots at us until he got played out but thankfully they've trod that particular line excellently, culminating in the wonderful birthday episode last week.

It's been absolutely outstanding all the way through; I'll be sad to see it off the air after next week. At least we've got that fourth season to look forward to, though.

This show manages to perfectly pitch any sentimental moments. Rather than coming across as schmaltzy, I find myself getting genuinely excited for the characters. Particularly the end of the most recent episode.

Also, Ron is utterly incredible.

Echoing what was said above ^. You know you're onto a special show when literally every character you introduce (even the minor characters and ones that have single episode appearances) manage to leave some impact. It always baffles me how the Community thread is so popular when Parks & Recreation is putting on a master-class in comedy and character development every week which would put the aforementioned show to utter shame.

Quite excited about the finale next week, the last episode is called "L'il Sebastian" which pretty much seals it that

L'il Sebastian is going to snuff it... hopefully in a way that means Joan Callamezzo shows up and tries to put the blame on the department somehow