rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
futureshock

Community

I think my expectations may've been a bit high given the three-month hiatus. Hopefully it hits the peaks of its form once more as the season gets back underway!

• Upvote 1

New Community tonight!

Dara O'Briain tweeted me about Community last week! I was pumping out loads of stuff to do with Community and he's a big fan and tweeted me saying it was great to see a fellow Irishman loving Community. He said he was doing everything he coulod to ensure Community gets a 4th season. I don't know what he could do but it was nice to get a tweet! :D

I'm not gonna stop until I get a tweet from at least one of the cast!

• Upvote 1

New Community tonight!

Dara O'Briain tweeted me about Community last week! I was pumping out loads of stuff to do with Community and he's a big fan and tweeted me saying it was great to see a fellow Irishman loving Community. He said he was doing everything he coulod to ensure Community gets a 4th season. I don't know what he could do but it was nice to get a tweet! :D

It was one of his tweets about the paintball episodes that got me into this in the first place.

For the first time in ages I've now got a show where my favourite episode changes depending on what mood I'm in. Sometimes it's all about the chicken, sometimes the trampoline - just for the baby storyline - and sometimes the zombie episode. Actually I might just watch the blanket fort one right now.

• Upvote 1

Hilarious episode. Didn't feel like a 'concept' episode, but was pretty much solid laughs all the way through with some great character moments.

And that one-two punch ending. Amazing.

I thought it was a terrible episode and the worst of the entire series by quite some margin.

It was full of unfunny 'wacky' cartoon jokes, the plot and structure were an absolute mess, and the characters all acted like one-dimensional caricatures.

It was like watching an entirely different, much hackier, show.

• Upvote 3

the characters all acted like one-dimensional caricatures.

This has always been the case.

Just watched the eleventh episode (the one after the hiatus), and it was incredibly underwhelming. An exceptionally weak plot, and neutering Troy and Abed possessed very little comedy.

The rest was imminently forgettable.

• Upvote 1

That was amazing. Great episode.

The aviators scene was priceless

"Look at his shadow!"

I need to rewatch that just to catch who half of the random lookalikes were supposed to be. And good to see Troy given more than 'dumb' jokes for once.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the Jeff in aviators/Dean scene was quite clearly the TV highlight of the year. Jim Rash sold that.

Also Britta's "Jeff is in grave danger, eeh-hee!"

New Community tonight!

The guy who plays Garrett favourited one of my tweets saying that he should voice a satnav.

I didn't even mention him though, which confused me.

I enjoyed it but I don't know, the last two episodes don't seem to be as well written?

I dunno. I feel the latest post-hiatus episodes seem to be more focused on progressing the storyline and plotline developments, but somehow it seems to have lost a little of the humour/magic. That's just my opinion anyway. It is interesting to see Abed/Troy being developed a bit beyond their standard geeky shenanigans (as loveable as those were).

Given Chase's reputation, is anyone surprised?

Harmon got up and gave a “Fuck you, Chevy” speech in front of Chase and his wife and daughter, and encouraged the crew to join him in saying “fuck you” to the actor.

Yeah it seems it's less Chevy's fault than you would expect. And apparently the cast are behind Chevy in this particular "feud".

Regardless the numbers have been great for Community post-hiatus so this should be hugely encouraging for Season 4!

There are people that say, so it was a pillow fight! To which I say...You weren't there!

Depends who you believe. Most places are simply repeating TMZ's line that it's all Harmon's fault, but there's plenty of indication elsewhere that Chevy is a massive pain in the ass to work with.

Well, I don't know what TMZ is, and I'm well aware of Chevy Chase's reputation as to consider all angles. But I'll repeat:

Harmon got up and gave a “Fuck you, Chevy” speech in front of Chase and his wife and daughter, and encouraged the crew to join him in saying “fuck you” to the actor.

Sure, Harmon acted like a dick, but some are painting Chase as blameless. By all accounts Chase is incredibly difficult to work with and makes production hell.

I suspect Chase has simply pissed off the wrong guy. Harmon doesn't need to put up with his shit and has no shame in being the bigger asshole.

Wow, that's a lot of drivel to read through but it doesn't look like he ever actually apologizes to Chase, just to the fans for letting them down - he also comments about it reflecting poorly on the show, which makes me wonder if he's been told to issue an apology and doesn't genuinely mean it.

Chase may be difficult to work with (though he's also the best comic actor on the show), but if you've ever read an interview or article about Dan Harman he's clearly just as unhinged and difficult.

The Onion season retrospectives are great. Dan seems to have had an ongoing nervous breakdown throughout season 2 though.

Wow, I'm surprised that there hasn't been a bump for this week's episode, I thought it was great, really back on form again!

• Upvote 2